jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

How do you apologize to someone for making the same mistake you've made many tim

1. KorenKartalis profile image84
    KorenKartalisposted 4 years ago

How do you apologize to someone for making the same mistake you've made many times before?

The person isn't even on speaking terms with you. And the apology will be the umpteenth one for transgressions that you previously promised would not reoccur.

2. Bubblegum Jones profile image62
    Bubblegum Jonesposted 4 years ago

Be as sincere as possible and try your very best not to do it again.

KorenKartalisposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This is the answer I'd probably give if asked the question by a third party.  Fallible humans we are.

3. luvtoowrite profile image45
    luvtoowriteposted 4 years ago

I like to know this too? If someone gives a good answer, I will try it on someone that is not talking to me when I try calling tomorrow. I let everyone know how it turns out. We will call it experiment #598.

How did it go?

4. whaturmissing profile image84
    whaturmissingposted 4 years ago

There is actually a quiz on apology languages and how to apologize differently depending on what apology language the other person prefers.  And you can do an apology language quiz.  I didn't know there were different ways to apologize and that the different words matter to different people. 

http://www.5lovelanguages.com/resource/ … nt-enough/

Thank you.  I checked it out...useful information....

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Why bother? Actions speak louder than words!
    Stop doing whatever it is. This person may eventually hear that you've changed. Even if they don't that is the price we pay sometimes for hurting and disappointing people over and over again. There's a valuable lesson to be learned either way. It only takes a second to destroy trust that took years to build.
    People who hurt others over and over again are generally immature and have no concept of thinking about how their actions might harm others. Essentially they're (selfish) people who only "live in the moment". Love shouldn't hurt. Oscar Wilde said:
    "Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary."
    Clearly if someone is hurting you, betraying you, or even lying to you over and over again then it's safe to say they don't believe you are "special". Each of us is responsible for our own happiness.
    At some point one has to cut toxic people out of their life.

1. luvtoowrite profile image45
      luvtoowriteposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Maybe the apology has nothing do with betrayal. Many gray areas involoving this question, but you made a great point concerning toxic people.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 4 years agoin reply to this

luvtoowrite, You may be right but given that the question is under (gender relations) - "Relationship Problems and Advice" It's a good chance that it involves lying, cheating, or some form of betrayal that's not living up to one's expectations.

3. KorenKartalis profile image84

I actually just left the cap off the toothpaste one too many times.  Just kidding smile  Funny, I'm sitting here in a restaurant while Fiona Apple's song Criminal plays in the background. A perfect soundtrack for this little thread.

working