jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

You've quarreled with a good friend and feel bad about it. What do you do?

1. rlaha profile image68
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

You've quarreled with a good friend and feel bad about it. What do you do?

You think it's not your fault, but your friend think it's not their fault either. How do you tackle the situation? Do you wait for an apology or do you apologize? Or do you unfriend that person?

2. LisaKoski profile image96
    LisaKoskiposted 6 years ago

I've been through this situation and I apologized to that friend, explaining that I was doing it for the sake of our friendship even though I knew I was right and they were wrong. They ended up telling me they still didn't want to be friends ever again until five years later they contacted me and apologized and now our friendship is on the mend. Depends on the friend but sometimes that bond is more important than any quarrel.

3. dwanesworld profile image60
    dwanesworldposted 6 years ago

It's difficult to force any kind of reconciliation or apology when both are unable to see beyond their own point of view so it's best to first wait for everyone to cool down.

If it's a huge fight it could take maybe a couple of years, maybe more. Just let them drift apart for a while. After that, both parties would have a different perspective on what happened and might become friends again.

4. Jyoti Patil profile image67
    Jyoti Patilposted 6 years ago

I straight way call my friend and tell him/her how exactly i felt and why i was angry or upset. I would talk as much as needed to sort out. Because I have learned that an ego doesn't kill the argument, it kills the friendship.