jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Do you think gay people should adopt and raise children

1. profile image52
    Brooksgirl1posted 4 years ago

Do you think gay people should adopt and raise children

2. erorantes profile image51
    erorantesposted 4 years ago

Yes, they are nice people. There are many children in this world that they do not have food to eat. The children live in durty places. Some people have extra time and money to spend.  It is nice to buy an extra plate of food and extra clothes for those who need it. I believe God bless them for being generous.one's I had a dream of two men huging.From the two men embracing  an angel came out.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

Not to come down on you, but the premise of this question is offensive. Gay and lesbian couples have the same capacity to raise children as straight couples. One could argue that they are better parents because they choose their children (no oops babies) and they teach tolerance and understanding at a very young age.

4. profile image0
    Copper Manposted 4 years ago

It's not that they SHOULD but that they should be allowed to. There's a lot more kids needing adopting into good homes than there are those willing to take them in. Anyone (singles or couples) who takes in kids for adoption need all the support we can give them, regardless of ethnicity, sexual preference, race or social status.

1. Rebecca Rizzuti profile image86
      Rebecca Rizzutiposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Most couples aren't going to adopt children, though. They're going to adopt the babies, which are in short supply. Adoption agencies run waiting lists for babies, while children languish in the system.

5. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

So long as they are kind and able to provide well for the children emotionally, mentally and financially why not? There are plenty of children in bad homes with straight parents.  I think the world needs more good parents in general - regardless of sexual preference.

6. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 4 years ago

Absolutely, they should be able to as long as they can pass the same home checks as hetero couples (or singles). I've seen endless debates about what kind of parents kids need (including many opinions on the gender of said parents). In my own humble opinion, the parents that kids really need are the ones that will love them and take care of them. End of story.

7. Mahfoudh Muhammed profile image61
    Mahfoudh Muhammedposted 4 years ago

No, it just doesn't feel right to me. Let the child choose, if they can. If they're too young to do so, it's better to leave them in the good hands of the people who are already taking care of them. Children have their rights to be respected.

1. M. T. Dremer profile image96
      M. T. Dremerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Suppressing the rights of other human beings because it doesn't 'feel right' to a minority is the embodiment of immorality.

8. mochirajackson profile image61
    mochirajacksonposted 4 years ago

Definitely. Prospective parents should be judged on their ability to provide a good, loving home for the children and sexuality shouldn't even come in to it.

9. profile image58
    spock28posted 4 years ago

why not ? As parents are GAY , the child will be gay too-  a happy child in gay company !!

10. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

What the child needs is the same that you and I need: Love. We are after security, purity, sweetness, innocence, the spirit of joy in God's love, shelter, warmth ... need I go on?

Your question really is, do we feel that the gay person can be capable of these virtues?

What do you think? or is it wiser to leave this to God in a spirit of prayer and supplication? Loving thoughts.