jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is you favorite flower and why?

1. Christa Swope profile image35
    Christa Swopeposted 3 years ago

What is you favorite flower and why?

2. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 3 years ago

Gladiolas.  My great-grandparents used to own a little flower shop in town.  They grew the gladiolas in their own yard and cut them for the shop.  This would have been back in the 1940s or 1950s. 

I didn't know about that and had ordered some beautiful peach gladiolas bulbs.  I planted them in a row at the corner of my front yard.  My grandfather was driving by one day and saw the gladiolas.  He stopped his truck and got out.  I saw him out in my yard and wasn't expecting company, so I went outside to see what was going on.  The flowers brought back memories of his parents growing and selling the gladiolas.  He was so tickled to see that I had grown them.  So that alone is the reason they are my favorite flower.

3. Veroniquebee profile image75
    Veroniquebeeposted 3 years ago

Sunflowers. They're big, and yellow, and to me, they speak of peace and calm, of the times of playfulness and security and light mood. Not to mention I absolutely adore nomming on sun flower seeds big_smile

4. Josh Makaveli profile image35
    Josh Makaveliposted 3 years ago

I love roses as i think they depict love and affection, there is a funny thing that i always realize while holding roses in my hands is that they are always smiling by looking at me smile