jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What's your favorite vacation spot and why?

1. Ann Poplar profile image75
    Ann Poplarposted 3 years ago

What's your favorite vacation spot and why?

Mine? Gualala CA. Absolutely beautiful little town on the coast. Fun and relaxing for the whole family or a romantic weekend getaway. Whale Watch Inn is a wonderful little B&B for that romantic weekend.

2. Ann Poplar profile image75
    Ann Poplarposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12177111_f260.jpg

Oh and for a more family oriented stay....Seacliff Motel on the bluff. I've stayed at both and they have a beautiful view. And nearby Point Arena has a beautiful lighthouse, shown in the movie Forever Young, that you can walk up and take photos from the top deck. I can't say enough about how beautiful and peaceful everything is in and around Gualala. The above picture was my view from the Seacliff Motel. Waking up to this every morning was phenomenal. We also walked out onto that sandbar and watched whales, sea lions and dolphins.

3. peachpurple profile image84
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i have never been to overseas, the only place i ever venture is singapore and malaysia. I love Desaru, in malaysia, beautiful sandy beach

1. Ann Poplar profile image75
      Ann Poplarposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I've never been out of the U.S. and Canada, but Desaru look beautiful!

4. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12179918_f260.jpg

I would prefer different locations during different months. Thus, my choice is somewhat dependent on the time of year.
    Oxford, England in April-June. Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia in July. Muskoka, Ontario in August-September. The Keys, Florida in October-March. One could argue that my longest amount of time is spent in the Keys, Florida. Yet to be there in the excessively hot hurricane season would not be ideal for me.

1. aesta1 profile image90
      aesta1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Muskoka from July to September is our annual vacation.

2. connorj profile image76
      connorjposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Then you know, Aesta how special it is. My mother was from Bracebridge and my uncle made a killing in real estate there. I simply cherished every summer dsay spent there...

5. aesta1 profile image90
    aesta1posted 3 years ago

The South of Spain and Portugal in the winter. Not too cold and there are many attractions to visit but if we want to rest, Florida is really an easy place.

6. Kristen Howe profile image90
    Kristen Howeposted 3 years ago

It would have to be the Jersey Shore, when I lived in New Jersey. My family always spent time there during the summer for week. I have a lot of memories there that I would cherish forever.

working