jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Overall who is more suspicious of whom - husbands or wives?

1. Sundeep Kataria profile image75
    Sundeep Katariaposted 3 years ago

Overall who is more suspicious of whom - husbands or wives?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I don't believe a lack of trust has anything to do with one's gender.
    Generally speaking we don't trust people based upon our past experiences with them or with others. Another cause for lack of trust is observing (a radical change in one's behavior) towards us or a departure from their long established habits. Sudden changes tend to cause a mate to raise an eyebrow and ask questions.
    Some people believe if you "trust them" you won't ask them questions. Trust comes from believing you're getting (honest answers) to your questions!
    Asking questions in and of itself does not necessarily denote a lack of trust. However not answering questions honestly and openly can lead to mistrust.

Sundeep Katariaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Quite true actually dashingscorpio . But my question is based on the observation of what is happening around us and not why it is happening. May be you would like to share your observations of what is happening around you.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I was talking about one's "observation" in their marriage. Regardless of gender if they (observe) radical changes in their mate's behavior they're likely to become suspicious. Stability and predictability increases one's trust.

3. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

"Suspicions"  come about due to prior experiences, rather than what gender we are.  At least that's what I think.   
    There's also much that can be noted in terms of self-image, self-confidence and abilities to trust.
    Many years ago, before truly maturing and gaining more wisdom in life and relationships, I had doubts about a partner's fidelity.  This is so draining and foolish.  I quickly learned to avoid suspicions altogether.  I find it is only important to deal with situations when and if they present themselves.
    I will pass on something my mother always told me.....she would insist, "Men are very jealous and suspicious because they know full well that THEY themselves cannot be trusted."......Not a very positive thing to believe.   I say that this can be said of both men and women, if need be.
    Honestly Sundeep.....to your question I say, "There is no need for "SUSPICIONS" by husbands or wives....unless and until we are given solid reason to suspect!"......Don't rob life of joy by speculating or being paranoid...right?  Troubles come.......they need not be invited!

Thanks fpherj48 for sharing your personal experience and the words of wisdom. Quite true actually.

4. DDE profile image23
    DDEposted 3 years ago

Wives are more suspicious they are often insecure about their men when they go out with friends.

Very interesting Devika Primić. It is a direct hit on the wives. Be ready for comments LOL!

working