Can any one give me five reasons why many American husbands cheat on their wives

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Jynzly profile image62
    Jynzlyposted 12 years ago

Can any one give me five reasons why many American husbands cheat on their wives?

I am a Filipina and have just married my American husband, Greg Pugh last October 5. My friends told me that many American husbands cheat on their wives especially when he is away. This is becoming a serious a problem in our marriage now; I got so jealous and suspicious. Help!

2. AngusNz profile image60
    AngusNzposted 12 years ago

I could probably give you more than five, also more than 5 as to why American women cheat on their husbands, in fact we could make it global as the reasons would be the same in all countries. However in doing so somebody is bound to be offended and many will take something the wrong way, so we will be non gender specific. An individuals position within a group is improved by its capacity to reproduce, how this is interpreted by the individual is different for each person. This is a primal species trait which determines that humans by nature are not monogamous.
    Society and community has trained us to adapt to social expectancies designed to maintain peace and stability, this is difficult for many people as their basal instincts are too strong and it takes the slightest of triggers for a relapse.The triggers are what hurt people.

3. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 12 years ago

I've come to realize questions that begin with the word "Why" are more often than not “rhetorical questions”. The majority of us believe there is NO answer that is going to cause us to "understand", "empathize", or "forgive" the betrayal. “Why” is just a "reflex question". Truth be told, we really don't care (why).

Having said that I believe there are 3 Basic cheaters.

“The Incessant Cheater” whose motto is “variety is the spice of life”. He loves to flirt and seduce women. Most likely he has never been faithful in any long-term relationship.

“The Unbelievable Opportunity Cheater”. He was not actually looking to cheat but an unbelievable opportunity fell into is lap. The woman may be “out of his league” (beautiful, famous, rich/powerful) or someone he has had a secret crush on. When the “once in a lifetime chance” presented itself in his mind to say “no” would have been the equivalent of throwing away a winning lottery ticket. His motto is “The best way to deal with temptation is to yield to it!”

“The Discontented Cheater”. Of the 3 basic types of cheaters this is the one who actually feels “justified” on some level. He sees his cheating as being the result of something his mate is not doing for him….(sexually, showing appreciation, respect, admiration, or she complains more than compliments and he feels taken for granted. Bottom line in his mind is he is “reacting” to how he is being treated.

Cheaters seek to hold onto what is good/comfortable in their primary relationship while addressing their other "needs" on the side. They lack the courage to walk away from a "known present" to pursue an "unknown future". Hope this helps.
    One man's opinion! :-)

4. MickS profile image60
    MickSposted 12 years ago

Probably for as many reasons that USA's wiives do.  This question is devisive.

5. profile image0
    Poetic Foolposted 12 years ago

First off, it might not have been the best idea to mention your husband by name.  Yeah, there may well be more than one by that name but still ...

Well, I would propose that cheating is not endemic to Americans only.  I have a lot of friends from Europe and I hear about cheating there all the time.  The same with my friends from Asia.   Cheating is endemic to humanity. I would also propose that the reasons Americans (men or women) cheat are basically the same as for any other nationality.

My question to you would be, do you have any real reasons for your jealousy and suspicion?  Are you suspicious because you have a valid reason or because some friend of yours has told you that American husbands cheat on their wives?  Either way, this is a conversation you should be having with your husband and not with a bunch on strangers in an question and answer thread on HubPages.

I don't mean to sound rude, really, but the only one with the answers you need is your husband.  Considering what people say here may only feed your fires of jealousy and suspicion.  Be honest, what you read here is not likely to make you trust you husband more, is it?   If indeed, he is being faithful, what you are doing here is undermining your relationship.  If he is indeed cheating, how does this help?  You need to talk to him.  It may well be awkward and uncomfortable but it is the only real way to find out what you need to know.  Good luck!  I hope your suspicions are wrong.

6. Glamorously Jacob profile image60
    Glamorously Jacobposted 12 years ago

I can give you 4 reasons...

1) Men are hunters and enjoy the chase

2) Husband has been tempted by a more attractive mate

3) Lack of sex with parter; mating is a primal instinct

4) Latent realization of overall partner compatibility

7. Maricarmjolo profile image62
    Maricarmjoloposted 10 years ago

First, do not let jealous ruin your marriage. What if your husband is faithful to you? Then, you are hurting him by doubting his faithfulness to you.
    Second, I do not want to focus that American men are cheaters. Some men do cheat whether European, Asian, or African. In addition, some women cheat also.
    Third, tell your friends to stop triggering bad thoughts about your husband. I can feel that by the way they talk to you. If I were you, avoid such friends that will make you feel bad. Trust me, they are not worth it!
    Last, be confident. Why be bothered by there comments? You are beautiful inside and out. It is the reason he married you in the first place. Unless you find some suspicious acts from your husband, there is nothing to be worried.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)