jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Do you believe that people come into your life for a reason?

1. DDE profile image23
    DDEposted 3 years ago

Do you believe that people come into your life for a reason?

People come into your life and leave your life for a reason. Is that how you look at your life's experiences and your life's purpose?

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

I don't believe they are predestined to become part of my life, but I do think once they are there we should find something to learn from our relationship with them. No matter who it is even the smallest amount of time with someone can create an experience to learn from.

1. DDE profile image23
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Your answer is direct and so true thank you

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

"If it's on my plate I must have ordered it."
    Each of us (chooses) our own friends, lovers, and spouse.
    Although in the end we may or may not learn something about ourselves in the end because of our relationship with them we cannot ignore the fact that we (chose) to invest our time  or emotions with them. At some point we said: "yes". We also learn from our mistakes!
    “While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions” – Stephen R. Covey
    The essence of life is learning.

1. DDE profile image23

The people who you bump into unplanned certainly come into  our lives for a reason thank you

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Bumping into someone is a (momentary event) and it is a far cry from choosing to spend time with someone. Once you start exchanging contact information and agreeing to continue to interact or spend time together it's no longer  "unplanned".

4. profile image73
    Praneeth Inspireposted 3 years ago

I believe that all kinds of people are existent around you, but its you who chooses whom to incorporate into your life. Its you who makes the decision to associate yourself with whom. People come into your life because you gave them a reason to come into your life; not spontaneously.

1. DDE profile image23

Some people who come by like a complete stranger you certainly did not expect that to be. Thank you

5. profile image0
    temptor94posted 3 years ago

I believe that people come to our lives for a reason, a season or an entire lifetime. Sometimes, complete strangers enter our lives for a short period of time. I like to believe that they come for a reason. Once that purpose is met, they go away and we never meet them again. Other times, we make friends after moving to a different place or job. These friends stay in our lives for as long as we stay in that place or job, providing us with their company. Eventually we follow separate paths and part ways. Finally, there's the soul-mate or partner we end up with who we hope would be there for a life-time smile

1. DDE profile image23

Thank you for a helpful answer and so meaningful.

working