jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

A man in the supermarket informed me my nylon waist slip was showing via my skir

1. Byonder5 profile image60
    Byonder5posted 3 years ago

A man in the supermarket informed me my nylon waist slip was showing via my skirt slit. Weird?

Or okay behaviour, just being gentlemanly?

2. junkseller profile image86
    junksellerposted 3 years ago

It doesn't sound like something was showing which shouldn't have been showing. Perhaps I'm not picturing it correctly. Could you send a photo...

That's a joke (and an example of creepiness).

I suppose the person could have thought it was a wardrobe malfunction, or, as I mentioned, perhaps it actually was a wardrobe malfunction, and I'm not understanding the predicament. The fact that they mentioned it seems to suggest they were being gentlemanly. Ungentlemanly would have been wandering around behind you enjoying the view and saying nothing.

Of course, it probably depends how they did it. If it were a simple comment and then on with his business than no big deal, if he was drooling and watched you correct the malfunction than that would obviously lean towards creepy.

That scenario has only come up once in my time. While walking on campus one day I saw a girl in front of me who had lifted her skirt up with her bag so her bum was hanging out a bit. As I pondered whether to say something, she swished her bag and corrected it, so I was off the hook. It's a tricky situation. Do you say something and run the risk of her being a little uncomfortable or not say something and risk her finding it out on her own and feeling terrible anyway thinking about how many people saw her butt?

My conclusion was that it would probably be better to say something but to do so in the least creepiest way possible and to not linger on the point at all.

At the end of the day sometimes you just have to go with your gut. Our guts can be pretty smart. Did it feel creepy or feel okay? Whichever it felt like is probably right.

Byonder5posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for yr detailed thoughtful answer. Best I can say he had a keen interest in my lingeries (nylon lace underskirt).

junksellerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That sounds more towards the creepy end to me.

3. cjhunsinger profile image72
    cjhunsingerposted 3 years ago

Perhaps, the man was attempting to remind you that a slutty appearance is better left to street corners. Some men do prefer a woman to dress with civility and decorum, with poise and grace. Maybe the man was being 'gentlemanly' and asking you to be ladylike, which is much more appealing than the street walker clothes that seem to be what women what to wear today.

4. Penny G profile image73
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Some people just say what they think. Some tend to spare feelings. I guess he thought if you could where it in public, then he could speak about it. Personally if you had a slip on under a slitted skirt I would have thought it was vey respectful not wanting to show your legs.

Byonder5posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your feedback and understanding. I like to wear a petticoat it was just a bit unusual to have a man engage me in conversation about it. He did seem pleased to help though. At one point he nearly touched it. Put it down to experience.

junksellerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

To a voyeur, a glimpse of an underthing can be titillating. It sounds like his interest was more for himself. There is no reason for him to have been anywhere near touching it.

working