jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Why did he lie to his wife?

1. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 3 years ago

Why did he lie to his wife?

He lied to his wife about his female friend  calling him on his wife's cell phone. His wife and his female friend know each other and are  just acquaintances.  Recently,  they were away and he called his female friend from his wife's cell phone but when the two couples got together later on in the week  he mentioned that the female friend had called him. It was a lie as that did not happen. It clearly shows on the cell phone when the call was received from him to her (meaning  the female friend.) Why did he lie about the female friend calling him?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

There are three basic reasons why people lie.
    1. To avoid punishment or bad repercussions.
    2. To avoid hurting/disappointing someone/looking bad in their eyes.
    Awhile back I heard a liar state he only lies to the people he cares about. Naturally one assume it would be just the opposite. However if you look at "infidelity" for example there is a reason why a man tells lies to his wife and the truth to his mistress. He has more to lose with regard to his marriage.
    It sounds like he did not want his wife to know he was calling his female friend. Maybe he knows she would find it inappropriate or elicit some form of jealousy. In her eyes it may be one thing for the friend to call him and another for him to be calling the friend.
    3. The third reason is to make themselves look good!

1. mothersofnations profile image74
      mothersofnationsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Great answer!

2. DDE profile image25
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I like your answer. Do you think he si trying to stay away from the female friend in any and thinks in this way it will work out for him?

3. profile image53
    kingchahalposted 3 years ago

Fear of hurting his wife's feelings.
    Fear of a quarrel.
    Fear of being misunderstood.
    the list can go on but the reason is definitely FEAR.

1. DDE profile image25

Fear sounds so true thank you.

4. lisavanvorst profile image76
    lisavanvorstposted 3 years ago

Maybe they are having an affair. Or maybe he and his wife are having problems and he has been talking to the other woman for advice on how to handle the marrietal problems.

1. DDE profile image25

You have made valuable points here thank you

5. grand old lady profile image86
    grand old ladyposted 3 years ago

In the Philippines, cheating husbands have two commandments in life. The first commandment is, if she is suspicious, lie. Second commandment, if you're caught, deny. It sucks. I would never tolerate infidelity.

1. DDE profile image25

Sounds like cheating in Philippines is difficult to deal with I can't take that either. Thank you