Dating profiles. What would you say if you could tell the truth on a dating pro

1. realtalk247 profile image70
    realtalk247posted 3 years ago

Dating profiles.  What would you say if you could tell the truth on a dating profile?

So many times people create profiles that are polite and politically correct.  I'm curious what would your profile say if you were being 100% honest about who you are and what you want.  Wouldn't it be interesting to tell 100% of what you want and desire in the traits of your mate.   
    What would you say if you were 100% honest?
    What would you reveal about yourself?
    Feel free to post what your desire for love..............what would your true profile say.

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I think most people have no problem stating what they want. Too often though they use that space to rattle off what "they don't want".
    For example a woman may say, "No players, no liars, no cheaters, no games, No drama...etc"
    Apparently they (really believe) if a so called "player" is attracted to them and reads that he'll  say to himself; "Aw snap! She doesn't want any players or liars! I guess I better move on to the next profile." LOL!
    If anything listing all the things (you don't want) is a "turn off" to good guys! It sends them a signal of the type of guys you have been dating in the past. It's hard to attract positive people with a negative spill. The perception is you have a chip on your shoulder, you're bitter/angry, unhappy, and have a combative personality.
    The following wants/traits sound much more appealing.
    Attractive, Positive, Affectionate, Considerate, Loving, Healthy, Romantic, Passionate, Great Sense of Humor, Intelligent, enjoys traveling to exotic destinations, Honest, Trustworthy, Loyal, Dependable, Financially secure/responsible…etc
    When one is clear about what they want there is no need to list what they (don't) want. Those are the types of things I would list and then I'd mention things I enjoy doing along with my overall outlook on life.
    Everything I state would be the truth and not something to sound "politically correct".
    If it's not on my "want list" it's because I don't want it! smile

working