jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Who deserves your intense love?

1. m abdullah javed profile image80
    m abdullah javedposted 3 years ago

Who deserves your intense love?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

No one "earns" your love. It is something (you) choose to give someone.
    Each of us chooses our own friends, lovers, and spouse. Everyone has their own criteria for selecting a mate or even electing to date someone. Oftentimes people are in love with the thought of being in love and they choose to ignore "red flags"
    Never separate your mind from your heart when making relationship decisions. The purpose of the mind is to protect the heart. You have to know what you want and need in mate!
    Generally speaking it takes (time) for people to reveal their "authentic selves". Initially everyone is on their "best behavior" during the "infatuation phase" of a new relationship. Oftentimes this is when people make the mistake of over committing, trusting, and giving their all before they've gotten to know the person through the various ups and downs that come with living day to day. Some folks will say and do anything to win you over!
    "Every new love is your soul-mate until you realize they are not."
    You have to be willing to invest your time getting to know someone and be aware if their values are the same as yours. Make sure they want the same things for the relationship, naturally agree with you on how to obtain those things and last but not least there is a (mutual) love and desire for one another. Like attracts like in the long run and opposites attract divorce attorneys.
    "Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary."
    - Oscar Wilde

m abdullah javedposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Excellent dashing....your words are very true. But there are some relations that demand your unconditional love, your God, your parents, your teachers i think these domains need more attention for ascribing an intense love. Thanks for your response.

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Only God can love "unconditionally". People have been known to kill their parents and teachers. In fact having self-esteem means you don't allow others to walk all over you or abuse you. Most humans have "deal breakers" for all their relationships

3. m abdullah javed profile image80

Thats the darker side of a persson that he turn out to be cruel against their benefactors. But as far those who are true to their nature definitely show a sense of gratitude with their unconditional love.

3. rebelogilbert profile image86
    rebelogilbertposted 3 years ago

It's a tough question. But I like loyal friends. People who enjoy sharing parts of their life with me, and are open to responding to things I like to share with them. I think inconsistency is harmful in establishing any trust in a relationship. I don't expect everyone to love me. I know I can't love everyone either. I feel more comfortable with two way communication, not one way effort that leads to unresponsive replies. I agree family is important. Family members gets involved with their personal agendas just like everyone else. Sometimes family members don't communicate with each other as much as they should. It takes an effort from both sides.

Exactly Gilbert Sir, what you have related here is a purely based on your experience & observation. I do agree with you. Thanks for the response.

4. DDE profile image27
    DDEposted 3 years ago

People who treat you well and show you kindness who are trustworthy and have time for you deserve your intense.

Very well said Devika! Thank you.

working