jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does love at first sight exist?

1. mylittlesofy profile image59
    mylittlesofyposted 3 years ago

Does love at first sight exist?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

No. You can't truly love a stranger. Love comes after getting to know a person. Only lust and attraction can occur at first sight.
    Infatuation isn't love!

3. mylittlesofy profile image59
    mylittlesofyposted 3 years ago

I agree. To me love at first time only applies to seeing your baby for the first time after being born. But romantically, I don't believe it exist.  Like you said, lust and attraction.

4. chaitanyasaivb profile image75
    chaitanyasaivbposted 3 years ago

Sometimes, We will fell in love, at first sight also. So, There exists love at first sight. But, It will not happen all the time. Only a few will have that chance.

5. Dr Billy Kidd profile image93
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 3 years ago

Love at first sight is just a brain fix, like a drug. There's a surge of the neurotransmitter (the stuff that links the brain's parts together) serotonin A2. It give a high kind of like obsessive-compulsive disorder.
    Whether that sort of relationship can develop feelings of friendship, isn't just a sex fix, feels like family, makes you want the other person to achieve his or her own goals, and finally, some day, lowers stress, is quite another matter.

6. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 3 years ago

Why not? If indeed love could be considered to be like a seed that is planted and can indeed become a great oak and when "planted" or at first sight finds fertile ground. If it does flourish then is one mistaken to reflect and trace it back to its origin. Thus I would conclude that it does exist at first sight; yet, it is unknown until ones reflect back or ones' journey has taken course.
    Now imagine if you will, your first meeting with your love? Was it "coincidental?" Was it unusual in any way? I met my true love on a beach in Florida when I was 17, she was 16. When we first met, I hit her on her derrière with a frisbee, indeed It was chalk full of "coincidentals" I had no idea she was the One. Yet within 2 weeks when I was back home I already knew she was the One and so did she. Yet we did not marry until after college some 7 years later. We met often during that time period and everything was just reinforced quite amazingly.