jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does love at first sight exist?

1. richardkuohn profile image61
    richardkuohnposted 4 years ago

Does love at first sight exist?

What determines you are truly in love at first sight? What characteristics does a person exhibit with the feeling?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

No, love at first sight does not exist. You can't fall "in love" with someone you don't know. You have to get to know someone first. Having said that it is possible to be "infatuated/in lust" at first sight.
    "Love isn't finding a perfect person, it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly"  - Sam Keen

3. Bk42author profile image84
    Bk42authorposted 4 years ago

It's not love, it's infatuation or even fascination. In my opinion, its more than just attraction, too. There may be something you notice about the person that your subconscious sees in them that you're looking for in yourself.

If you believe in past lives (which I do) your soul may have known theirs in another life (or lives).

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I think there can be an instant and deep attraction on first sight. But in my mind love is based on a number of things; things that require getting to know someone.

5. luvtoowrite profile image42
    luvtoowriteposted 4 years ago

I don't know if there is a love at first sight, but I do know that you can feel an instant connection with someone, which can lead to love.

6. DDE profile image23
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Some people believe in love at first  sight this only works out if both are attracted to each other.