jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

How do you build a long-lasting [sexual] love relationship?

1. MarieLB profile image83
    MarieLBposted 3 years ago

How do you build a long-lasting [sexual] love relationship?

Can you give me some tips that would make for a long-lasting [sexual] love relationship?

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

There is only one way to have a long-lasting sexual relationship and that is for BOTH people to have it as a priority for the relationship or marriage. No individual can keep the passion alive. The best solution is for the (couple) to never let it die.
    It's easier to maintain a fire than it is to reignite a spark!
    Even when they make it a priority it's possible something like menopause or erectile dysfunction could kill sex in a marriage.
    If one person doesn't want or care about sex they're find it difficult to put in the effort to appease their mate. In fact it's not uncommon for such a person to belittle their partner for wanting sex.
    Changes in a mate's physical appearance can affect their desire to have sex with him or her. Contrary to popular belief "love is not blind."  People can learn to "tolerate change" but that doesn't change their preferences. The enthusiasm will be missing.
    In other instances some people make their mates feel like they're "doing them a favor". Under those circumstances "quality" becomes more of an issue than frequency. Most people want to feel like their mate (desires) them rather than have them lay on their back and say, "Knock yourself out".
    Ultimately I believe the couples who have the best sex life are those where they get a thrill out of rocking their mate's world. If someone is fortunate to have a mate with that mindset and they love to reciprocate then they'll spend their time and efforts trying to "one up" one another with pleasure.
    Unfortunately however everyone is initially thrown off by the "infatuation phase" of new relationships. In the beginning most couples are "red hot lovers". It's not until after they've been together for a while or have become "emotionally invested" that one reveals their "authentic libido"
    Naturally if one person wants sex 4 times a week and the other is happy with once a week; over the course of a year you'd be talking about 208 times VS 52 times a year!
    That's going to lead to problems for someone.
    Lack of variety also kills sex in relationships. If a couple always does it the same way, the same time of day/night, in the same room and so on eventually that may get old for one or both of them.
    Generally speaking the best sexual relationships often occur when a couple does not live together. It's almost like having vacation sex whenever someone packs a bag for the weekend to visit the other. One person is the host and the other is a guest. The host usually makes plans and the couple tries to (make the most of their time) together before separating.

1. MarieLB profile image83
      MarieLBposted 3 years agoin reply to this

What a fantastic article!!  Granted that it takes more than sex to keep a relationship going, but good sex is surely what oils the wheels!  Thank you dashingscorpio, I think you have the nucleus to a great hub there.

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks MarieLB. I've written a couple of articles on this subject. One such hub is "What Make A Woman Good In Bed?" It's my most popular one! LOL!
      http://dashingscorpio.hubpages.com/hub/ … semeninbed