jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Can we find Platonic love (ideal love) now anywhere?

1. mdlawyer profile image39
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

Can we find Platonic love (ideal love) now anywhere?

2. victoria79 profile image60
    victoria79posted 6 years ago

Platonic love refers to an affectionate attachment with the intellect of an opposite sex with no intentions of physical romance or sexual pleasures

3. SayedAthar Husain profile image61
    SayedAthar Husainposted 6 years ago

Yes between mother and child, between comrades of platoons, between sincere selfless friends, between devotee and his revered saint.

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

You'll find it when your heart believes you want it.  It falls under the laws of attraction.  We usually get the things that we desire, but for whatever reason most people don't pay attention..... or they look for what they desire in all the wrong place (if you know what I mean) When you get it, it's up to you to keep it

5. maria.rose profile image37
    maria.roseposted 6 years ago

That this love is now described as sharp desire
    If love is something so fundamentally important to us, then why is it that we have so many issues and misunderstandings in the area of finding it? I think the answer is simple, that most of us have never been educated in this fundamental area of our development. Chances are, you didn’t grow up with parents who were relationship experts, and we certainly didn’t study relationships in our high school curriculums.

6. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Please tell us, why you think that "platonic" love is "ideal", in a world that begs  for passion.

Either state  has its advantages..........but only passion has fire.  I do not wish to love only my brother, my teacher, my supervior, NO, I wish for passion with a man who is crazy in love with me.

does not a man wish to find the same passion with a woman?

7. Denise Handlon profile image88
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

I'm wondering if you mean Platonic Love is 'ideal' or if you mean that it is ultruistic, which is NOT what Platonic love is.  Platonic love (see definition of Victoria79) is one that is between friends.  A platonic love is absent of any intimate (sexual or physical) relationship.  It can be between brother and sister, or people of opposite sex.

As onegoodwoman notes: passion has fire-that is more 'ideal' for me in a relationship between lovers, than a platonic one. 

There are plenty of examples of both types of love, AND unconditional love every single day.

working