jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Should I care about how a person feels if I don't love them anymore but they sti

1. profile image61
    Chizey093posted 3 years ago

Should I care about how a person feels if I don't love them anymore but they still bother me??

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

We should always care for a person's feelings. This is what makes breakups so hard. One may still love the other but the love is not reciprocated. Saying that, since you no longer care for this person; I would avoid any contact with this person whatsoever. No one can get closure in this relationship if you continue to communicate at all. I know this person will hurt a lot for a while, but it is better than wishing everyday to be with the one they love. A complete break is your only option.

1. ChristinS profile image96
      ChristinSposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree with JThomp on this - you can be compassionate but still make a clean break. Further communication will likely send mixed signals and just make it all the more painful.

3. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 3 years ago

Ultimately you will know what to do, but strength and a receptivity to listening to the inner voice is needed.

If you are walking towards the East and feel undesirable pain, it may be useful to go West. if you are used to the reassurance of the heart-room, and upon entering the mind-room, you feel uncomfortable, it may be wise to return to the comfort of the safety zone.

Generally, walking towards the Light brings strength, and darkness brings weakness. Expansion is life, narrowness is death. If my weight is 300 pounds, and my favourite food is ice cream and burgers, and if my breathing becomes difficult, it may be useful to look at my nutrition. Love of Self is somewhat like this.

So let's look at strength, weakness; narrowness and expansion. What do you feel most in the presence of your situation, all things included? Reflect, then use your wisdom. God speed!

4. Nigham AFZAL profile image75
    Nigham AFZALposted 3 years ago

Hello Chizey!
    You said, "Further communication will likely send mixed signals and just make it all the more painful."
    You're right but what if leaving them is more painful? You should try this gradual treatment with them rather than leaving them at-once. Try to make them understand that, "things're not working between us etc."
    And make them clear that yeah they could be friends with you...but don't expect THAT kind of hopes from you.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I guess it depends on how you define the word "care".
    If you've broken up you have every right to be left alone. It's your life and you get to choose your own friends, lovers, and spouse. You have the right to choose whom you want to spend time with.
    If someone is "bothering you" then you need to take the necessary precautions to reduce the possibility of you crossing each other paths as much as possible. Moving on means letting go.

working