jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What happened when you tried to change someone?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 3 years ago

What happened when you tried to change someone?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8768531_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Eventually I realized it was futile on my part as well as selfish.
    Very few if any people are walking around with a hand held up in the air screaming: "I'm looking for someone to change me!"
    The reality is most people want to be loved and accepted for who (they) are. We are better off trying to find someone who (already is) the kind of person we want to be with!
    If you or your mate needs to make wholesale changes in order to make a relationship work, odds are you're with the wrong person.
    There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships: We either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have. Accept them (as is) or move on.
    The choice is up to us!

3. Zelkiiro profile image94
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

They told me to unhand them and leave their room immediately before the authorities are notified. People sure are defensive about being dressed by another person. Possibly also when you drop by unannounced to do so.

Man, random acts of kindness from strangers really seem to go unappreciated these days.

(This is clearly and obviously a joke.)

4. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 3 years ago

Zelkiiro,
    You have quite the sense of humor. Glad to have brightened your day. smile
    Lisa

5. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

You can't 'change' anyone that doesn't *want* to be changed.

6. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

humans are really funny. We always try to change someone when we think that we are always right, better than them. In the end, you can't change them because they aren't 3 year old kids, adults are prefixed to their behavior since young. Impossible to change unless that someone is willing to change for you.

7. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

I can honestly say I have never had a need to feel I should try to change someone.  Further, only if someone requested my help to change something about their self, would I even entertain the thought.
    People (adults) are who they are, do what they do and act & believe as they do.  Accept who they are or do not.  It's fairly self-absorbed and arrogant to think we have the right to attempt to change anyone is some way...in order to please us.
    If I'd have ever tried to change someone, it would serve me well to be told to get lost.  Attempting to change some one is the same as telling them they aren't fine just the way they are.  I surely wouldn't appreciate that, why would anyone?

working