jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

If a mate has BO, do you tell them or continue the date?

1. SilentMagenta profile image71
    SilentMagentaposted 2 years ago

If a mate has BO, do you tell them or continue the date?

2. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 2 years ago

I wouldn't tell them.  I would continue the date out of courtesy.  But I probably wouldn't go out with them again.  Because, what if they can't help it?

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Stargrrl  the question implies this is not just about being on a "date". He or she is their "mate". This is an ongoing relationship or have had multiple dates.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

If someone approached me with BO there never would be a date.
    Having said that the only reason to tell someone about this issue would be because you wanted to continue to see them.
    However bear in mind there are very few people walking around with a hand raised in the air screaming: "I'm looking for someone to change me!"
    The reality is most people are happy with the way (they) are.
    Odds are if someone has to change to make a relationship work it's usually a sign that they are with the wrong person.
    I suspect if you told this person about their BO they'd take offense to it. Nevertheless if you told them you no longer want to date them and then (they) persisted in knowing why then you could delicately tell them that the soap, cologne, they use  or lack of  is not agreeable with you at all. If they choose to change it's not because you made a demand. You're simply saying they're not "the one" for you.
    Taking this approach of having them (ask) you why will probably garner less resentment than if you suddenly blurted out:
    "I can't handle another day of your funky BO!"

working