jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is it weird I find interest in men that are similar to my dad? Do I have daddy i

1. woahthere profile image63
    woahthereposted 3 years ago

Is it weird I find interest in men that are similar to my dad? Do I have daddy issues?

For instance, facial feautures , scents (cologne) . No I am not attracted to my father in that way at all. I also have a great relationship with him, he was always around so I'm not filling a void or am I?

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

You must be missing your daddy actual role, that man has the characteristic of a real dad, that is why you are attracted, no bf sort thing

1. woahthere profile image63
      woahthereposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I understand now thanks, it's more of the characteristics not actual looks.

3. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

No, that's perfectly normal! It actually suggests you have a healthy relationship with your dad.

Your dad is generally the first man you ever love and that loves you back - he builds a foundation and sets a precedent for how the opposite sex should treat you.

I'm not really attracted to men who look like my dad but I am very much attracted to men with same sense of humour, interests, and demeanour as him. I grew up laughing and enjoying learning about everything he had to teach me. It makes me feel comfortable, and people tend to have a preference for things that they're actually familiar with, so it makes sense! He was a great dad to me and a great husband to my mom, so I tend to assume that those similar to him would be the same to me/my daughter.

4. Dillon Gumfory profile image61
    Dillon Gumforyposted 3 years ago

Well to be honest sounds like you love your family and everything is good. Keep it that way i can only guess you grew up in the country i can't say for sure. But i have the same weird thing with my gf after a few months i was thinking damn it is true every man grows up to marry his own mother. Etc. But at least your healthy not a freak or anything.