jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

My Wife Has Commit Adultery, Should I Divorce Or Forgive Her?

1. Author Sam profile image54
    Author Samposted 2 years ago

My Wife Has Commit Adultery, Should I Divorce Or Forgive Her?

Oh God! its a heartbreak, I loved her so much, she said she loved me too. I try all my best to give her all she needs, she lacks nothing. I wonder what lead her into sleeping with another, my fellow man. My heart is broken. I still love her, but I can't bear her unfaithfulness.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12317897_f260.jpg

2. pippap profile image86
    pippapposted 2 years ago

Cheating is usually a symptom of some deeper issue.  Sit down and talk with her about the incidence and what drove her to do it.  Changes will probably have to made by both of you to overcome this issue; however, many a happy marriage has survived an incidence of infidelity.

Having said this, some marriages can not survive cheating and a divorce is the only answer.  Please talk openly and honestly with your partner; don't make a hasty decision; and, seek advice from someone you trust.

The best of luck to you.

3. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 2 years ago

That is such a weird question to ask on an open forum. Only you can decide what to do with your marriage. Consult a professional instead of an internet writing site.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Each of us is entitled to have our own "deal breakers".
    Only you know if cheating is a "deal breaker" for (you).

I believe there are 3 basic reasons why most people don't cheat.
    1. Actually being "in love"
    2. Not wanting to {risk losing} that "special someone".
    3. Imagining (how hurt they'd feel) if their mate cheated on them.

"Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary."
    - Oscar Wilde
    Clearly if someone is cheating on you and deceiving you they don't think you're all that "special". She was able to "justify" it in her mind that cheating was in (her) best interest. When couples go from an "Us & We" to a "You & Me" mindset anything can happen!
    Ultimately assuming (she is even asking for forgiveness) it's probably important for you take some time apart to figure out if you really could forgive. Oftentimes those people who "instantly forgive" do so because they're still in shock over learning about the betrayal.
    The thought of going through a divorce or breakup is just too much for them to handle on top of it. Later they discover they can't forgive.
    You said: "My heart is broken. I still love her, but (I can't bear) her unfaithfulness." Know yourself, Love yourself, and Trust yourself.
    Best wishes!

1. Author Sam profile image54
      Author Samposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Well, i need more advice  on what to do in this kind of situation.

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It's your life Samuel.
      Do you want to remain married to someone who cheated on you or not?
      Only (you) can answer that question. Anyone else would simply be telling you what (they) would do. You have to search within yourself for the right answer

working