jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Does The Bible Condemns Contraception For Christians?

1. Author Sam profile image53
    Author Samposted 2 years ago

Does The Bible Condemns Contraception For Christians?

I am of the view that no Christian religion group have the right to enforce abstinence from the use of contraception for Christian, since there is no specific biblical rules governing that. each individual should be responsible to his/her own decision 

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12392580_f260.jpg

2. Akriti Mattu profile image77
    Akriti Mattuposted 2 years ago

yes it does although it makes no sense. I mean it is 2015 so the world needs to progress.

Author Samposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. But you gave no evidence

3. feenix profile image59
    feenixposted 2 years ago

Is "Be fruitful and multiply" intended to be a condemnation of contraception?

I don't know; just asking.

Furthermore, I believe that in a court of law, this question would be categorized as "leading question." It implies that "all Christians" are opposed to any form of contraception, even though that is nowhere close to being the truth.

Thank you Feenix. Either do i agree that "be fruitful and multiply" is a bases for condemning contraception, after all there were just two humans then compare to over 6billion today

2. feenix profile image59
      feenixposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hello, Samuel -- Personally, I am not opposed to contraception, even though I believe in Jesus with all of my heart and soul. Now, I do believe that contraception is a sin, but at the same time, Jesus died on The Cross for everyone's sins, right?

3. Author Sam profile image53

HElo Feenix, i understand. but i just want to know your reason of believing it a sin please

4. feenix profile image59

Samuel, I do not BELIEVE in any sin. It is just that I accept the fact that human beings have a  sin nature.

5. Author Sam profile image53

Hi Feenix, I too believes that humans naturally are sinful but I do not understand why some view contraception as a sin. why?

6. feenix profile image59

Samuel, oftentimes, "sin" is in the eyes of the beholder.

working