jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How can we make her happy again? Do you think she can move on?

1. juderes profile image76
    juderesposted 2 years ago

How can we make her happy again? Do you think she can move on?

My sister's boyfriend just died of an illness. They were in an 11 year relationship and planning to get married next year. She in pain and in sorrow.

2. Akriti Mattu profile image77
    Akriti Mattuposted 2 years ago

She will move on but it will take time. Comfort her, support her as much as you can. Support from the family is really important. Try to make her more stable. When she stabilizes a little try diverting her pain into something constructive. Join an organisation that helps elevate humanity. More power to you. Peace smile

3. juderes profile image76
    juderesposted 2 years ago

Thanks.she's a teacher and I guess it was the greatest test given. She was dependent from him, he was a good man. We did not expect it would happen, it's like a lightning, that fast. I don't know how to comfort, I don't even have tried hugging her, but I have talked with her friends and ask them to help her move on. The family's always there for her. I agree on you, organization or fellowship would be much helpful.

4. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

When my mom died I was really depressed and took a long.time and i still cry,the best thing for me was to look at photos and have time alone,sometimes too.there is nothing anyone can say or do.Time is the only healer for grief.

5. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12462710_f260.jpg

Yes she will move on in-time; however, there needs to be time for grieving and your sister needs to discuss her feelings, attitude and general affect with friends, relatives (i. e. you), perhaps a Priest?
    I was comatose for a month and darn lucky to make it back, yet my experience taught me so much about passing-on. The "sting of death is greatly exaggerated" in my opinion... Comfort her and make her comfortable with "opening-up" to you and others. Let her cry-it out and then assure her that you are here for her and spend time with her even if there is no conversation.
    Eventually there will be what most will conclude, a coincidental event where she will meet another man. Listen carefully for her, since I believe this will be a gift from God; a new beginning for your sister...

6. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

It takes time to heak, give lots if encouragement, get her out of the grief by joining events

7. Motherbynature profile image76
    Motherbynatureposted 2 years ago

You can't make her happy.  She has to grieve and let it run its course without feeling rushed. 

If she sees you becoming impatient or irritated with the process, she will either shut you out or start putting on a facade that will prevent her from healing the right way. 

Best you can do it support her however long it takes.  One day at a time.

Closed to reply

working