jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever had a "rebound love" after a relationship?

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

Have you ever had a "rebound love" after a relationship?

Ending a relationship means you can wait and feel sorry or yourself or you can rebound with a new love in a hurry. How many "rebound guys or gals" have you had and how long did they last?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

I suspect everyone has their own definition of a rebound relationship.
    In my opinion if someone is dumped by their ex and they jump into another relationship there is a chance they're doing so on the "rebound". They have been rejected by their former mate.
    Had it been left up to them they would still be with their ex!
    Normally when I think of someone being a "rebound" for another person it means they are using that person to {get over their ex} and once they've gotten in a good place they move on and eventually fall "in love" again. The "rebound love" was for "healing purposes".
    On the other hand if you are the one who ended a relationship because you felt it had run it's course and you no longer felt emotionally invested in the relationship that's completely different!
    Anyone you'd date afterwards would be completely (your choice) as oppose to your ex not wanting to have anything to do with you!
    Most likely you had already " mentally and emotionally checked out of that relationship" before officially making the announcement.
    I've ended almost all of my past relationships and each time have gone on to having long lasting relationships that went beyond 4, 5, 7 years or more. I imagine most "rebound loves" last less than a year.
    Beyond high school and I can't recall a single instance where I was dumped or felt compelled to "move on" because I wasn't wanted.smile

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 2 years agoin reply to this

So you never had a rebound relationship? Thanks for commenting.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Not according to my definition of a "rebound" relationship. smile
      I suppose some people automatically call one's "next relationship" after a breakup a "rebound relationship" no matter who initiated the breakup of the last relationship.

working