jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Ice breakers for meeting your new neighbors?

1. Kristen Howe profile image89
    Kristen Howeposted 2 years ago

Ice breakers for meeting your new neighbors?

It's been almost a year since I moved into my new apartment and have met a few of my neighbors--including some of my floor. But I haven't met all of them. For the past two months, I did have to tell my neighbor at night-time around 10 PM-2 AM, that I can hear her talking on the patio with her company via my closed patio door and soundproof walls. Since she stopped, I would let to introduce myself to her and become friendly? Any ideas for ice breakers and conversation starters, if I see her?

2. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 2 years ago

Perhaps a nice thank you note for understanding your situation and an invite for coffee at a close by establishment might have you chatting in no time.

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

bake cookies or cakes and share, strike up a light conversation when bump each other in the market

4. liesl5858 profile image89
    liesl5858posted 2 years ago

Just a smile and a "hello!" will be a good start. Then just be yourself and invite her for a cup of tea or coffee. Then take it from there.

5. Rachel L Alba profile image94
    Rachel L Albaposted 2 years ago

We got a new neighbor recently.  I baked some cookies and brought them over to her.  She was a very nice woman with two children and recently divorced and was happy to see a friendly face in her new neighborhood.

working