jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Today is International Girlfriends Day! When you get together with your girlfrie

1. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 2 years ago

Today is International Girlfriends Day! When you get together with your girlfriends, what do you do?

When I learned today is International Girlfriends Day, I couldn't help but to think of all my girlfriends here on HubPages from around the world.  It is truly a phenomenon.  I just wanted to say that y'all fill my life with love, sarcasm and shenanigans ...You know who you are and please know that God really did do something special when He blessed me with girlfriends like y'all!  When you and your girlfriends get together, what do you love to do that is a special time spent together?  Thank you for sharing.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12562639_f260.jpg

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

ah really? There is so many odd events internationally. I don't have girlfriends around me, they are married and lived overseas

Faith Reaperposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Oh, how sad!  I hope you find new girlfriends locally.  I was wondering if anyone had girlfriends, but hopefully they are enjoying the day having fun together.  "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"

3. bravewarrior profile image92
    bravewarriorposted 2 years ago

I agree with you Faith. I've met so many wonderful people here and many have become steadfast girlfriends.

Honestly, I have but a handful of girlfriends that are within face time proximity. We don't get together often, but when we do we meet for lunch or drinks. I have one friend I occasionally meet with at a local park on a lake. We'll walk the trail around the lake then perhaps catch a movie at the $1 theater - or vice versa.

Hi Sha, thank you for  answering. That sounds like a lovely time spent with a friend! I have learned over the years that if we have even one TRUE friend in this life we are blessed.

2. bravewarrior profile image92
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanx again!

3. Faith Reaper profile image88

Hi Sha, thanks for answering. I would have thought more would have shared about their girlfriends and having fun, but maybe we are all in our own little cyber world nowadays : (  Glad you shared though!

4. Venkatachari M profile image42
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

It's amazing to know. I posted my greetings and best wishes for Friends Day on 2nd August. And nobody knew it was Friends Day. Now, you are posting this one for Girlfriends Day.
    And when I searched for it I came across this even more amazing fact of so many celebrations for each day of the calendar at this link:
    https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/2015/08/
    You can see world is full of events daily. We have so many occasions to celebrate and be happy daily.

Hi Ven, It is!  Yes, the next day is Friends Day, so a weekend of friends celebrations LOL.  Maybe they could combine the two.  I am concerned that no one has girlfriends to do fun things with here ... That is a cool website ...who knew?  Well, YOU!

working