jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are these scene in love movie encouraging immoral behavior?

1. profile image60
    peter565posted 2 years ago

Are these scene in love movie encouraging immoral behavior?

We see it often in Hollywood movies, boy like girl, girl like boy.  But girls got a boyfriend. But boy steal the girl away from her boy friend anyway. I never like those movies. I find these men to be very selfish and think of nobody else, but them self. There is a reason we call it "stealing your GF", because it is "stealing". Unless the BF is a jerk, its immoral for u to steal her. In this situation, you should walk away or wait to see if they break up due to reason, not involving you. I've been in situation like this my self and I choose to walk away from the girl and her BF.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12677031_f260.jpg

2. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

You cannot steal someone's girlfriend. A woman is not an object, to be owned by one man, and stolen from him by another. A woman is a human being, capable of making her own decision about which man she wants to be with.

3. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 2 years ago

Why are you talking about women as though they're cars or grocery items from a store?  No one can "steal" a woman unless they physically kidnap her.  When it comes to this situation, the woman is the one responsible for ultimately making the choice to move on from one man to the next.

I do agree it's in poor taste for a guy to pursue a woman who is already in a committed relationship/marriage, but it's in the woman's power to say "no, I'm not interested, please stop."  She is not helpless to the man's seduction and sucked away powerlessly into a new relationship.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12679915_f260.jpg

Inherently within your question is the assumption that the woman/girl is not making her own choices!
    In a free society people go where they want to go with whomever they please. People "trade up" or down all of the time.
    Movies, books, and plays are design to have the main characters endure a series of challenges before finally reaching their "happy ending".
    A movie where boy meets girl and they stay together without any drama is not likely to be successful.
    Hollywood loves the "breakup to makeup" storyline. Generally it's the guy who comes crawling back apologizing and attempting to sweep the girl off her feet bigger and better than before.

working