jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Why she wants to have what I buy?

1. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 2 years ago

Why she wants to have what I buy?

This woman annoys me. Whenever I buy something new,  she does the same. Whether it is a color  of my clothing I have or accessories. She stares at what I wear. I noticed her stare when I wear something nice. She makes sure to get a similar kind of color. Is she envious or just admires what I have and likes to have it too?

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

It sounds like she admires your taste a great deal.
    I would just accept it as flattery!
    It's not like you are trying to "compete".
    There is also the possibility that she has no "best friend" and would love it if you would allow her to be closer to you. Subconsciously she may be thinking if she has the same "taste" as you then you will view her as a potential close friend.
    Some people do this with their older siblings as well.
    "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." 
    I wouldn't let it annoy me. The only way it would be annoying is if (you simply dislike this woman) who only wants to be like (you).
    My guess is she'd love to spend some one on one time with you going shopping and meeting for coffee. She wants to be your friend!
    It's impossible to have too many friends!

1. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi I think you are right! She enjoys spending time with me. I noticed how she behaves when with me.  Thank you very much.

3. agusfanani profile image81
    agusfananiposted 2 years ago

There are some possibilities why she did it:
    First, it's a matter of jealousy. She always wants to prove that she can afford what you buy.
    Second you inspire her what to buy and what to wear.
    Third you are her idol so that she always wants to copy you.

1. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the three reasons I keep this in mind.