Do you set free those you love?

1. profile image48
    karlikaposted 8 years ago

Do you set free those you love?

I'm 14 and I love my godmother and I am closer to her than my own mother. I feel sometimes as if I am a burden on her, she out of state so we text.she has surprised me a few times by visiting. I have told her my problems and she doesn't seem to care and hasn't took action, she only gave advice. When I was crying when she was here she played candy crush instead of helping she did ask what was going on and stuff, I just feel like sometimes I should stop texting her or thinking about her and just keep her out if my life. She is a lively person. But I feel as if I'm just not enough. Idk really.

2. dashingscorpio profile image80
    dashingscorpioposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12768162_f260.jpg

You said: "she only gave advice."
    People don't spend a lot of time giving advice to those they care nothing about unless they do so for a living.
    The problem here is your godmother is not living up to (your) expectations.
    Everyone has their own "litmus test" of what love is suppose to look like, feel like, and how others should treat us if they really "love us".
    As you noted you are only 14!
    It's not as though you have a demanding boss and working a job you hate in order to keep a roof over your head, feed, clothe children, pay a car note, insurance, and medical expenses and so on.
    Your problems are typical teenage problems most likely that every adult has gone through! One of the problems with being young is we tend to only think in terms of "me" & (here and now).
    When I was 14 for example I could not even imagine being 18 and that was only four years away!
    Within those four years I had gotten my drivers license, join the Coast Guard Reserves, graduated from high school, and gone away to college, dating a beautiful girlfriend on campus and so on.
    During your teenage years you have to realize all of your problems are temporary. Sometimes you just have to ride the wave.
    When I was in Jr. high a 13 year old girl attempted suicide because her 14 year old boyfriend broke up with her to date the new girl in school.
    I've often wondered if she ever thinks back to that time after having graduated from high school, college, establishing a career, getting married, buying a car, a house,and having children of her own...etc
    No 13 year old girl should think life isn't worth living and no 14 year old boy should be held responsible for the wellbeing of anyone!
    Teenagers make irrational decisions because they lack the ability to think beyond their present circumstances.
    They believe "today" is "forever".
    Our youth is about learning who (we are) and what we want out of life by trying a variety of things. We're constantly evolving.
    The guy whom you feel has all the traits of being an "ideal mate"  for you at age 14 most likely isn't what you'll want at age 21 or 30. Being cute and funny alone is not going to cut it in your adult relationships.
    Truth be told when it comes to love and relationships most of us fail our way to success. If this weren't true we'd all be married to our high school sweethearts! Teenage and early 20s dating is about learning what you want. Very few people find their "soul-mate" at age 14.

3. profile image0
    Davlyn Portposted 8 years ago

I was once in a similar situation like yours and it took me a few years to understand why the person that I entrusted with my problems did not take action.Do believe me when I tell you that you are not a burden, if you were, she wouldn't even respond to you in the first place.These are some of the reasons that I had. Hopefully it helps you to understand or help lessen your worries.

1. It is not her place to come between you and your mother: by right, she is just your godmother, all that she can really do is give you advice. If she came in between you and your Mom, the situation would be devastating and awkward between the 3 of you.

2. Maybe you should confide in peers that are your own age: I'm not sure what your situation at school is. But, confiding in a Friend that you trust could be much better than confiding in your godmother. I believe that this is better as the Friend could better understand what you are going through or could be in a similar situation.

3. She cares for you but unless you are starving, abused, depressed or are reacting in a very self-harming/negative way, she does not need to take action. But if any of these things are happening, please consult  your counsellor at your school and get help.

4. Adults and teens have different perception of problems: I remember when I was your age and was going through my first break up, I was telling my aunt about it but it didn't seem like she cared and all she did was give advice. I wanted her to do something more than tell me it was going to be ok. After a few days, it doesn't seem that important, compared to her problem (she couldn't pay rent). Maybe it's not that your godmother doesn't care, she just knows you will get over your problem and she's probably stressed with hers.

Lastly, it is not that you are not enough, you just want a solution to your problem quickly. Maybe you should take some time and reflect on what is bothering you and how you can help yourself in a positive way.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)