jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Is it wrong to hang out with one ex and then another straight after?

1. profile image53
    gothgirl2930posted 2 years ago

Is it wrong to hang out with one ex and then another straight after?

one of my friends are meeting up with one of her ex's (they didn't split up that long ago) and then after that she is meeting with another ex and going in town with him and I was just wondering if you guys think that is an okay thing to do

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12766780_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12768057_f260.jpg

Life is a (personal) journey.
    Your friend can do whatever makes her happy. Only she knows what her true motives are. Some people claim they remain "friends": with all of their exes. If your friend is an exclusive relationship with another guy and is (deceiving him) about these "secret meetings" then most likely her significant other would consider it wrong or cheating.
    Having said that I believe the only real way to "move on" is to "let go".
    It's nearly impossible for someone to get over an ex by hanging out with them. The best friendships between exes in my opinion occur usually after there has been a large gap in time since the breakup and both people have fallen "in love" with other people.
    They may exchange email addresses and drop one another a line from time to time but the emotional connection is dead.
    Oftentimes spending time with an ex soon after a breakup can lead to an unintended "friends with benefits" or "booty call" sexual arrangement. If one of them believes they're on the way to reconciling and discover for their ex it was just sex they're likely to be hurt again.
    FYI - There are a lot of guys who feel they can hookup with any of their exes. They'll periodically give them a call to "test the waters" with a little flirtation or sexual innuendo conversation.
    It's an ego exercise.

3. ketage profile image81
    ketageposted 2 years ago

Sure why not, they are just meeting up as friends right? nothing wrong with that. I am still friends with all of my ex's, even my first.

Now if she was hooking up with one and then hooking up with another right after, that would be a little weird. But to still hang out as friends is perfectly okay in my book.

1. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I saw a woman on TV state she hooks up with exes whenever she is (in between relationships) in order to keep "her number" down.
      She felt it was best to have sex with an ex than with someone she doesn't know or hasn't established a relationship.

working