jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it wrong for me to hang out with my Best guy friend who is in a relationship?

1. profile image52
    jrabe2013posted 7 years ago

Is it wrong for me to hang out with my Best guy friend who is in a relationship?

I am a girl and i only ask this because my parents don't like me hanging out with him. we don't do anything wrong or anything we're just friends. his girlfriend is totally fine with us hanging out too.

2. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

If your mum & dad don't feel like it's a good idea there's gotta be a reason, so maybe best just to leave this one, and focus on making new male and/or female friends.

3. profile image0
    DrDeanCrosbyposted 7 years ago

You didn't mention the reason(s) your parents don't want you to continue spending time with your friend.Most parents are very tolerant of their  children's  friends unless they detect something very objectionable about them,most commonly some type of drug usage which includes alcohol and tobacco.

There are two general reasons for  ending  your friendship.

1.Parents advice on friends should normally be followed due to their experience and most importantly ,objectivity which allows them to make better decisions.

2.Males almost never choose females as friends,they prefer males for that type of relationship.Accordingly your friend is most likely stringing you along as a substitute girlfriend,a relationship that most likely will not last because he has already selected another girl  that he prefers to you.

4. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

if you are old enough to make your own decisions then you should do what you think is right. there are many reasons why some parent wouldn't want you hanging around some guy but usually these reasons tend to be due to your parents insecurities or their religious views. for many parents, it's about control and it's wrong. i trust my 16 year old daughter to do what is right so who she hangs out with is her business as long as we meet this person first. i have a few female friends and my wife has no problem with it just like i have no problem with her male friends. only a fool would think that men and women can't be friends.

5. profile image52
    jrabe2013posted 7 years ago

he doesnt do drugs or drink. the parents dont like me hangin with him while he has a gf b/c they're afriad it will cause him to not be faithful to his wife down the road

working