jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever had or known someone who had a vacation breakup?

1. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Have you ever had or known someone who had a vacation breakup?

It turns out their children, work, and other responsibilities were distractions that helped them endure an unhappy or unfulfilling marriage/relationship. Once they were (all alone) on vacation they realized there was nothing left between them. This has also been known to happen with some "empty nesters" as well. No amount of palm trees, ocean breezes, sunshine, and fruity cocktails would reignite romantic sparks. The vacation did just the opposite! It crystalized the fact it was over.  Have you ever known of anyone who had an unplanned breakup during or soon after a holiday or vacation?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12806424_f260.jpg

2. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years ago

The case I knew wasn't like that.  I was touring Europe, and our Austrian tour guide fell for one of the American members.  I found out about it at the end of the tour when we were in England.  The tour guide called his soon to be ex and had her fly to England to inform her.  She told me about it while plying me with English beer.
    I thought that was TOTALLY tacky of him!  I told her she could do better.  I don't know what became of the romance, since they lived an ocean apart.

1. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

An ocean apart? Odds are it didn't last. smile

3. CreatePerfection profile image78
    CreatePerfectionposted 2 years ago

People are very complex.  We are highly affected by our environment and this gives us a sense of security even if it does not include well-being.  Being in a new environment gives rise to new insights and our feelings rise to the occasion as well.  If we were unhappy before we arrived, we now have a new surrounding that makes our previous lives look different to us.  We can actually see that there are other possibilities and we recognize our ability to change which is hidden from us in the day to day trance of our regular lives.

working