What is your reason for divorce, or reason for ending a relationship..?

1. rexy profile image68
    rexyposted 2 years ago

What is your reason for divorce, or reason for   ending a relationship..?

or the reason to end a long term relationship.....

2. VerityPrice profile image91
    VerityPriceposted 2 years ago

I ended my relationship with my first boyfriend of 2.5 years because he was an abusive *insert really insulting swearword here*.
    I ended my last relationship (also of 2.5 years) because it was becoming obvious that he had a very large list of priorities in his life and I was sinking further and further down on that list. When you find yourself either eating alone or having to plan meals around his online friend's schedules, and when you find yourself having to book simple things, like cuddling in front of the tv, days in advance (when you live together); that's where I drew the line.

What about you?
    (Also it appears that 2.5 years seems to be the magic (?) number hahahah)

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Everyone is entitled to have their own boundaries or "deal breakers".
    For me cheating, constant fighting, alcohol/drug addiction, criminal acts, physical abuse, emotional and physical neglect, or the realization we no longer share the same values/want the same things.
    There is no amount of communication or work that can overcome being with someone who does not want what you want.
    Like attracts like and opposites attract divorce attorneys.
    Human beings make mistakes! This includes choosing the wrong mate for oneself! A divorce when it's all said and done is a public admission that a mistake was made in the mate selection process.
    There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships: We either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have. Accept them as (is) or move on.
    They don't give out "whoopee cookies" for staying in toxic marriages.
    “Some people think that it’s holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it’s letting go.” — unknown