jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are Looks Important In Finding A Partner?

1. missbellauk profile image70
    missbellaukposted 2 years ago

Are Looks Important In Finding A Partner?

Do you think looks are important ( to you) in finding a partner? Or is it just personality?

2. VerityPrice profile image93
    VerityPriceposted 2 years ago

For me: absolutely.
    I wouldn't be able to date someone that I am not attracted to. Of course personality is just as important. You can't find a meaningful relationship in someone who has an unattractive personality, and I believe that you also can't find a meaningful relationship in someone who is physically unattractive.

Luckily what people find attractive varies, meaning that a person who is considered unattractive to person A, might be attractive to person B.

3. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

half half, you don't need a 100% handsome guy. As long he is not fat, no scars on the face, taller than you , love you more than you love yourself, ok, go for it

4. profile image58
    peter565posted 2 years ago

First she need to be hot (at least when she is young, later it don't matter)

Secondly, she need to be a good wife and good mother

Thirdly, she need be somebody that I enjoy been with and is a good friend to me.

Four, she must be a good person.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Attraction entails a variety of aspects and among them are appearance.
    At least for men our initial impetus for approaching a woman and asking her out on a date has to do with whether or not we are physically attracted to her. All of her education and personal accomplishments are "icing on the cake" that we discover later on.
    However had she had crater skin, missing front teeth, cross eyes, and walked with limp there is a good chance most men would never have found out about her other attributes unless they were physically attracted to her type.
    The point is {looks open the door} and the rest closes the deal.
    It's not a matter of (looks VS personality). The goal is to have both!
    No one has a "must have" list of traits with (only one item) on it!
    I believe it's human nature to want the best looking of anything we can attract or afford. This goes for homes, cars, clothing, and our mate.
    Very few if any guys look at a woman and proclaim: "She's butt ugly! I can't wait to spend my hard earned money on her for a date and get to know her better!" Physical attraction matters.
    However just as importantly most of us want our significant other to find (us) attractive just as well!
    The wonderful thing about inhabiting a planet with over 7 Billion people on it is the odds are in everyone's favor that there is more than a few people who would identify any of us as being "their type".
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
    One man's opinion!smile