How to encourage birth rate amount young people?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (21 posts)
  1. profile image54
    peter565posted 8 years ago

How to encourage birth rate amount young people?

I always think it is a bit as a pity when I see nice/ pretty girl died young before they have children, because I would like to see those genes get pass down to the next gen. But now there are a lot of people who are not even getting married and believe it or not, some nice/pretty girls are probably going to die as old maid (some of those girls, are in their late 30s and already wanted to get married for a long time).Now, we shouldn't force people to get married against their will, especially if they don't want to. But it would be nice to allow good genes to be pass down to the next gen.

2. VerityPrice profile image92
    VerityPriceposted 8 years ago

Well firstly you have to remember that women aren't just baby-making factories. If a woman decides that her life would only be diminished by getting married and having a child then that is completely her decision and has nothing to do with anyone else!

Also just because someone is pretty doesn't make them a perfect potential parent. There are more important qualities to pass down to the next generation than 'nice/pretty'. And while we are on the subject of genes, there may be people who decide not to have kids because they may be the carrier of a genetic condition and have no wish to pass that on.

Any person dying young is a damned shame: regardless of their gender or how pretty they are. All you can do is do your best to pass on your genes, and never mind with what other women are doing with their lives.

1. profile image54
      peter565posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Ahh...you do know I say "encourage" not "force" right?

2. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

THANK YOU, women aren't baby-making machines.  Having children should be mindful, conscious act.  There are FAR TOO MANY children born of mindless parents which results in....POVERTY & LACK OF OPPORTUNITIES for those children....

3. Michaela Osiecki profile image68
    Michaela Osieckiposted 8 years ago

Why anyone would want to encourage more people to have kids is just beyond me. The world is already over-populated, there are already children starving in the streets of the world's richest countries, and orphanages and foster homes are constantly over-run.

Never mind the state of the economy and that it's simply NOT cost-effective to bring children into the world when you can barely afford to feed yourself.

1. profile image54

Well, I just think those gene don't get pass down is a pity smile

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU MICHAELA!

4. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12190793_f260.jpg

Having children should be a mindful, responsible, & conscious act.  There are too many people having children w/o being financially, emotionally, & psychological prepared to so do which result in most of our societal ills, including poverty.  Also, there are people who have MORE children than they can properly care for which result in a host of familial ills which includes stress which oftentimes lead to child abuse, impoverishment which result in children not receiving the proper nutrition, medical care, & not to say lack of educational opportunities, parentified children i.e. children assuming the role of parents to their younger siblings, & lack of individualized parental attention & care.   Parenthood should be a responsible act, not an act to be entered into lightly.  Children are too precious not to receive the VERY BEST of care, love, attention, & opportunities.  Which you are suggesting is an act of immaturity, not maturity & conscientiousness.

Let me add that the Duggar girls are quite apt as to how to encourage the birth rate among young people.  They INTEND to have AS MANY CHILDREN or MORE as their parents.  Yes, they are passing genes but we really DON'T need a proliferation of children.   There is such a thing as qualitative parenting over quantitative parenting!  Having children for the sake of merely passing genes is an EGREGIOUS act, THINK OF THE CHILDREN for God's sake!

1. profile image54

But by late 20s to early 30s most people are financially secured. Statistic also found most single women by 30 want a baby, just can't find the right guy, so, if they overcome the problem or e.g. make artificial insemination more easy to access...

5. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 8 years ago

I don't think there's any need to encourage young people to have children.  If someone doesn't feel ready to have children then that is something only they can know and decide and they should be able to make that decision freely and without judgment. 

Being a parent is incredibly hard.  I had an 'oops' baby at 23 and I was too young.  I wanted to finish school and establish a career and have a little more me-time before having a kid because I can tell you all of that stuff is made immensely harder when caring for a young child.  I think it's great that people acknowledge that and want to wait to bring a child into the world until they have their stuff together. 

I think your question kind of trivializes what it means to be a parent.  Yes, we are animals, but the "passing down our gene" motivation shouldn't be at the top of the list when trying to decide whether or not to have kids.  It's a lifelong commitment and a 24/7 job and not just spreading a seed and letting the little thing out into the world to pass down the genes again.

Personally I don't give a flying squirrel about "pretty" genes being passed on to future generations.  I'd rather the next generation be raised by people who are capable and raising children because they WANT to be raising children, not because they've been encouraged to do so by whatever means. 
    I'm also not really sure what to say about your "old maid" comment and using women in their late 30s as a reference.  Borderline sexist as I'm not sure you'd be making the same comment about poor old men in their 30s not being married yet.

1. gmwilliams profile image84

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!

2. profile image54

[I'm not sure you'd be making the same comment about poor old men in their 30s not being married yet.] Well...women ran out of eggs by 50, become danger for pregancy by 40s, men don't give birth or run out of sperms. So age isn't a problem for men

6. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12843302_f260.jpg

We already have over 7 Billion people on the planet!
    Most of them live at or below the party level.
    Encouraging only pretty girls to have children would also be illogical since "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
    Who is to be 'the one" to decide which girls are "pretty enough" to populate the world? Also I suspect you'd want them to marry (handsome) men. Offspring are the byproduct of both parents' genes!
    The Nazis were looking to create a "super race" of people.
    Last but not least no one should never be made to feel obligated to get married or have children. A woman has the right to choose her career or other endeavors over choosing to be a wife or a mother.
    Terms like "old maid" and "spinster" are outdated and sexist.
    Anyone who chooses to have children without a plan for being able to provide for them is not doing society any favors!
    (Great genes or not)

1. Aime F profile image70
      Aime Fposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Billions of people living at the party level sounds pretty encouraging, actually!  wink

I think Mr. Dashing meant that most of them live below the poverty level, not the party level!

3. Aime F profile image70
      Aime Fposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes I know, I had a little chuckle at the typo so was making a joke.

4. fpherj48 profile image59
      fpherj48posted 8 years agoin reply to this

and if they keep living below the party level, there'll be no more babies!!   Thank goodness Dashing has a healthy sense of humor!  Anyway, that may be his one and only typo in all his yrs here!!  Pretty funny too!

5. dashingscorpio profile image81
      dashingscorpioposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Grace you are correct!
      I meant to say below the (poverty) level! LOL!
      They say the mind is the first thing to go! ha ha ha

6. gmwilliams profile image84

That's alright.  You were thinking of something else. Happens to me too.

7. fpherj48 profile image59
      fpherj48posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well Grace...He was either thinking about partying or making babies!!!  LOL   
      Dashing, Most men HOPE the mind is first to go!!

7. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 8 years ago

What could we do in the developed world to boost the birth rate to replacement levels? read more

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)