Are people getting married for all the wrong reasons?

1. profile image61
    Imbwomenposted 22 months ago

Are people getting married for all the wrong reasons?

Money and looks seems to be the reasons why people get married. Many miss out on great relationships. I guess looking for love in all the wrong places.

2. profile image62
    peter565posted 22 months ago

Well, some people might have gotten married for the wrong reason.

But, I think we must also remember, what work for some people don't work for others. So, what might be the wrong reason for some people, might be the right reason for others.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 22 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12958390_f260.jpg

Only you as an individual (knows what is a good reason) to marry.
    Everyone else simply weighs in with (their) own opinion.
    In (my opinion) the goal should be to marry someone who shares your same values, wants the same things for the relationship that you do, naturally agrees with you on how to obtain those things, and last but not least have a mutual depth of love and desire for one another.
    Like attracts like and opposites attract divorce attorneys!
    Having said that I believe the top two reasons for divorce are:
    1. Choosing the wrong mate.
    This can easily happen when one is young, immature, and shortsighted. Anyone who has yet to do any introspective thinking to figure out who (they) are let alone what they want/need in a mate is likely to allow "impulsive connections" and "happenstance" to dictate their relationship choices.
    That's the equivalent of going shopping without a list!
    2. Got married for the wrong reasons.
    The reasons vary: Someone had an "age goal" to be married by, an "ultimatum" was given, there was an unplanned pregnancy, all of their friends were getting married, citizenship,  he or she had money and connections, Someone was in the military and about to be deployed, a couple had been together for years and said; "Why the hell not?"
    A marriage based upon circumstances is likely to fail.
    Nevertheless everyone is entitled to have their own "mate selection" process. The vast majority of people would prefer to be with someone whom they find physically attractive. No one pursues poverty.
    Fortunately we live on a planet with over 7 Billion people!
    Odds are in everyone's favor that there is more than a few people who consider any us to be "their type" and would make an ideal mate.
    In a world with infinite possibilities many {choose} to limit (their) options. Some have unrealistic expectations or shoot out of their league.
    Go to any Walmart, movie theatre, mall, park, beach, or church; odds are you'll see people {you would never consider dating} and yet they have a mate or spouse! (I'm talking about all shapes and sizes)
    More often than not it's one's own personality, confidence, and expectations that determine whether they'll find a mate or not. 
    Don't expect to sit next to the moon unless (you) are a star!

working