jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How could a adopted child reconcile his/herself in relation to his/her sibling

1. threekeys profile image82
    threekeysposted 18 months ago

How  could a adopted child reconcile his/herself  in relation to his/her siblings?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13220786_f260.jpg

2. Ericdierker profile image53
    Ericdierkerposted 18 months ago

Your English is a nuclear bomb here. We use an before a following letter that is a vowel. "a" before "adopted" is really bad form. And that fits with your insulting question to all of us who are adopted. Do you assume we are different than our other siblings? Did our parents love us less? I am sure this is not PC condemned but it is to me. You single highhandedly attack my worth.
    Did I in some way insult you by being adopted? You have reached a personal hard core low in asking this question.

3. threekeys profile image82
    threekeysposted 18 months ago

Eric, eric, my question was coming totally from a place opposite to what you have ascribed to here. I come from a place to expand my genuine understanding about those who are adopted or who have friends who are adopted because I would like to write a follow up on the piece I wrote recently about families.

I personally believe (without quantitative evidence) that a adopted child would be equally loved as his/her siblings. But maybe that may not be so from what you have expressed Eric. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I should have explained why I asked this question.

1. Ericdierker profile image53
      Ericdierkerposted 18 months agoin reply to this

ThreeKeys. If you are coming from a place different from the obvious -- you should delete this question and write one that reflects your appropriate question. To suggest we need to reconcile is to diminish our worth.

2. threekeys profile image82
      threekeysposted 18 months agoin reply to this

What could be a better question to ask eric?  How would you reframe it? Or maybe if this question is close to your heart why not write an article?

3. Ericdierker profile image53
      Ericdierkerposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Can you even imagine a child born out of wedlock (illegitimate) Bastard (Bio-father long gone) In the 50's. "Momma" was not pregnant and a family would not give up a baby. So the baby was an issue. The love was tougher than for natural's. Think

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 18 months ago

Adopted children should not be treated differently from biological children, so they shouldn't feel different and need reconciliation.

working