jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

How many times can you fall in love?

1. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 18 months ago

How many times can you fall in love?

Your first love is often remembered by good experiences. How many times can you fall in love before you find the one?

2. profile image0
    Copper Manposted 18 months ago

To answer the basic question: I don't know yet.

1. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 17 months agoin reply to this

I guess in time you will thank you.

3. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 18 months ago

I read your hub on this topic. Very good. I just have trouble with you premise that one is the one forever. I most assuredly had the one in the '80's and now have a different one now for the last 13 years.

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Excellent point!
      What traits made for an "ideal mate" at ages 16 or 17 may not be what we want in a mate at age 25, 35, or beyond.
      With time each of us changes, gains wisdom/insight, and evolves.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 18 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13257394_f260.jpg

I don't believe there is a certain number of times we're capable of falling in love. What usually happens is some of us give up.
    In order to fall in love you have to know what you want and recognize when you have found it. Lastly you must be willing to allow yourself to be vulnerable or emotionally invested in them and a future together.
    Every time we do fall "in love" we believe that he/she is "the one" until we realize that they are not. Each heartache causes hesitation in us.
    In order for (him/her) to be "the one" they would have to see (you) as being "the one". At the very least a "soul-mate" is someone who actually WANTS to be with you! (And vice versa).
    A "first love" is never "the one" unless they remain with you!
    It takes two people to create a union but only one to destroy it.

1. DDE profile image24

dashingscorpio, 'It takes two people to create a union but only one to destroy it.' I do believe that anyone ca n fall in love more than once with different people at the same time or at different times. Thank you

5. Michael-Milec profile image60
    Michael-Milecposted 17 months ago

You mean love love, not a selfish moody short-lived flaring! Genuinely only ones when love is mutual, until the death do part us. The living person then  becomes free to initiate another "falling in love".

1. DDE profile image24

Michael-Milec thank you. The choice one makes allows for such moments.

6. Rydhyna Dwivedi profile image60
    Rydhyna Dwivediposted 17 months ago

Before you find the one there is always something missing but you remind yourself or make yourself believe that nothing is perfect. So it is not love but infatuation.

1. DDE profile image24

Rydhyna Dwivedi Thank you for your opinion.

working