jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Advice on marriage and starting a family ?

1. profile image57
    Jade Travisposted 16 months ago

Advice on marriage and starting a family ?

I want to be a future wife and mother. Should we wait until we're financially stable for a family? should we wait to make sure ready for marriage?

2. profile image60
    Katelynn Mooreposted 16 months ago

I believe it really just matters on the situation. How old are you both? Are you in your professions yet? Are you still in school? How long have you been together? Do you believe he is your soul mate? These are serious questions you have to think about before rushing into a life commitment. I just have one question whats the rush? If you truly believe that you two will be together forever, than why not wait for when you two are fully prepared to take on such a big commitment?

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 16 months ago

It's always best to know where you're going before you leave!
    Commonsense dictates one is better off being "ready" for marriage financially and emotionally in addition to making sure the marriage is solidified. There's no need to rush and put yourself under unnecessary stress.
    The more stress there is in a marriage the more arguments there are which can lead to a decision to go your separate ways.
    Decisions on will there be a stay at home parent or will you have enough money to pay for daycare indication to all the other expenses that come with having a family, doctor visits, food, clothing, car seats, additional insurance withheld from paychecks all the while you're trying to either complete an education, or pay back loans, save money to buy a home or establish a career.
    Lastly there will be a large gap of time before it will be just the two of you after you start having children. Some couples never experience an empty nest as they end up raising their grandchildren. Enjoy your time as couple and especially having less responsibility and the ability to go places spontaneously without having to make baby sitter arrangements.
    Few if any couples will say having children improved their romantic life, intimacy, or made their lives (less) stressful.

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 16 months ago

Get married now to "secure" the man, but delay children until you can afford it. And do realize that you can cut back on frivolous spending like vacations and new cars so you can afford children, or cut back on that spending to pay off debt so you can afford a family.

1. Ceegen profile image80
      Ceegenposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Wise words. I've heard many a woman complain about how all the good men are taken. Perhaps if they moved in sooner, they wouldn't be "taken"? Either way, what might have been is always a regret.