Do you believe in soulmates? If so, why?

1. Melissa Dewey profile image79
    Melissa Deweyposted 14 months ago

Do you believe in soulmates? If so, why?

Soulmates in the romantic sense.  The one, true love you are destined to spend your life with.

2. Annsalo profile image85
    Annsaloposted 14 months ago

No. Love is work. Love is making things work. I do not believe in soulmates. I believe in 2 people loving each other enough to work through, grow, and change together throughout life.
    I think the concept of soulmates is naive. No one is destined for anything. We all work for every small or large part of our lives. I think finding someone who is willing to do that work is more romantic than the concept of soulmates.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 14 months ago

I believe in "soul-mates" but not in a "sole-mate".
    With a planet that has over {7 Billion people} on it odds are there are thousands if not millions of people who would have all the traits and chemistry one wants in a mate. It would be foolish to think there's only one.
    Nevertheless it has always been a tactic to apply "scarcity", "luck", and "obstacles" as devices to romanticize dating, relationships, and marriage in such a way to cause many people to believe it's almost impossible to find "real love".
    Therefore you have lots of people viewing "failed relationships" as their one and only shot at "true love". It's not uncommon to hear someone say:
    "He/she was my soul-mate."
    The truth of the matter is in order for your (ex) to be "the one" they would have had to see (you) as being "the one". At the very least a "soul-mate" is someone who actually WANTS to be with you! (And vice versa),
    Ultimately each of us has our own definition/expectation of love, what it's suppose to feel like, look like, and how people "in love" should behave.
    Whenever we are not being loved (the way we want to be loved) we don't feel loved.
    Our goal then becomes to find someone who (naturally) treats us (the way) we want to be treated while at the same time causing us to have a desire share ourselves in depth with them. Bear in mind they too have their own definition or expectations of love.
    While that may sound like a "challenge" the reality is most people have many of the same "wants" on their list of (mate traits) and everyone is attracted to more than one person on the planet.
    The concept of "the one" is based upon our natural tendency to (exclude) rather than (include) when it comes to finding love.
    No one is going to be able to read your mind, complete your sentences, or fill your days with sunshine for eternity. You determine how large your pool of potential mates is going to be by your method of including or excluding.
    Naturally the fewer options you have the more difficult it becomes to find a "suitable mate".
    “Love isn’t finding a perfect person. It’s seeing an imperfect person perfectly.” – Sam Keen