jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How far would you be willing to travel for Love? and do you feel Long Distance r

1. bluesradio profile image76
    bluesradioposted 12 months ago

How far would you be willing to travel for Love? and do you feel Long Distance relationships work?

2. profile image61
    peter565posted 12 months ago

My motto is "Sacraficing for love is retarted." I will never sacrafice anything for love nor would I allow any girl to make any sacrafice for me, for love and that include traveling long distance. Now, if we are married, that is more then just love, so, I would give long distance a shot and hope it work, but if not married, long distance mean "bye bye" I am going to go date somebody else.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 12 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13425564_f260.jpg

I'd most likely stay within my same country and it would have to be mutual whereby we take turns flying back and forth.
    However if I were super wealthy and I could travel the globe whenever that would make it practical to go anywhere I suppose.
    One has to first define what does making a long distance relationship "work" really mean.
    Is it dating for 3-6 months, a year, or does it lead to marriage?
    Long distance relationships were meant to be temporary!
    The goal is to (be with) the person you love!
    At some point someone has to be willing to relocate.
    When there is "no real light at the end of the tunnel" that's when people drift apart. It's the counting down of the months, weeks, and days until a couple is finished with the inconvenience of being in a long distance relationship that keeps it strong!
    The only  reason for maintaining a LDR in my opinion is because you believe she/he is "the one". Otherwise if you're just "dating" for fun  you might as well do that locally. One man's opinion!smile

4. lions44 profile image99
    lions44posted 12 months ago

I'm living proof that it does.  I was long distance with my wife (then girlfriend) for almost five years. She was in Seattle and I was in NY.  I moved to WA, and we've been married for 12 years.  it can be done. But it takes a lot of hard work.

working