jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

A Good Friend

1. Ashish Dadgaa profile image57
    Ashish Dadgaaposted 13 months ago

A Good Friend

Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13494561_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 13 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13494572_f260.jpg

Neither is worse. What's sad is when you realize (you) were the only one keeping the "friendship" alive.
    With all the social media, email, SKYPE, smart phones with face time and various modes of transportation there is no reason for anyone to (lose touch) with a "good friend" unless it's intentional.
    Essentially this would mean (one of you) has made it less of priority to stay in touch. At some point the other person might realize they're always "the one" initiating contact.
    "What would happen if (I) didn't call, email, or message them?"
    One week goes by, then two weeks, a month, and their "friend" never contacts them! If someone doesn't call you it's because they don't want to talk to you. (And vice versa).
    Naturally this would make one wonder were they ever really "good friends" or was it in his/her mind.

3. Terrielynn1 profile image91
    Terrielynn1posted 13 months ago

I wrote about my best friend. We don't live near each other right now. Time or space will never come between us. Or change how we feel. I do think it would be bad though if we lived close and didn't keep touch. But then I wouldn't consider her my best friend then either. Our live are busy and we keep in touch, but understand each other.

4. manatita44 profile image82
    manatita44posted 13 months ago

The good friend away may be in touch or perhaps you can see him when you travel. I usually did that.

The good friend near you can take you for granted and become too engrossed in other things. Closeness does not always make the heart fonder, but distance tends to. Right now I'm still closer to friends abroad then here. They just seem to seek new adventures, as one can become stale.

working