So do you think I'll start dating this girl?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Dwight Phoenix profile image68
    Dwight Phoenixposted 6 years ago

So do you think I'll start dating this girl?

From a Previous question I had asked about a girl at my work that I have a crush on. I found it difficult to conclude whether or not she liked me or was just playing around. We had good conversations but no date's materialized.
    Until now. After some patience we actually went out. The only problem is that we didn't conclude that it was a date until after,SMH. So now we are just a little bit more than friends and she's still being distant. I'm just not sure if we'll ever truly date:(

hubpages.com/relationships/answer/278945/theres-a-young-lady-i-like-at-work-can-someone-help-me-with-some-advise

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13499860_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image79
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13555711_f260.jpg

"The only problem is that {I} didn't know it was a date."
    I'm not sure how something like that could happen.
    Usually the person doing the asking out knows it's a date and at some point there might be a kiss good-night or good-bye with words along the line of: "Lets plan on doing this again."
    Sometimes people just go for a walk and hold hands or do some type of touching to indicate that it's more than a "platonic" or "hanging out" situation. Playful flirtatious banter also helps.
    Sometimes when a guy is "awestruck" by a woman or feels she might be out of his league he will refrain from behaving confidently as he normally would if he thought she were average. Suddenly he starts "overthinking" or second guessing himself. Essentially he does everything he can to avoid the possibility being rejected.
    One of the differences between "nice guys" and "bad boys" is "nice guys" buy into the belief that they can go from the "friend zone" to being lovers after a certain amount of time.
    Truthfully it's more about lacking the confidence/courage to be direct about their intentions.
    Only in the movies can two awkwardly shy people find love and happily ever after.
    A fast rejection saves time & emotional investment for something that wasn't going to be.
    If there is a "cultural divide" or something that keeps her on the fence about your intentions you might want to (smile) and just come right out and say something along the lines of:
    "Hey, I find myself very attracted to you and I would like to spend some time getting to know you better to see if we have a romantic spark. Are you interested in finding out the same?"
    If the answer is "yes" setup another date.
    Ordinarily if two people are of the same cultural background it's not necessary to spell it out in words.

Dwight Phoenixposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hey dashing...you hit the nail on the head with many points.... I'm known as the nice guy..she knows I like already...n she actually told me we could go to the movies which I had suggested sometimes back. At the time we were calling​ a meet up.

2. dashingscorpio profile image79
      dashingscorpioposted 6 years agoin reply to this

There's hope!
      Take her to the movies, afterwards go someplace for a drink where you can laugh and talk about the movie. Make sure you hold hands and lean in for a kiss good-night. If she's receptive extend the kiss a little longer. It's a date!

3. Dwight Phoenix profile image68

Oh God dashing....you have know idea how much I wanna do that...I just need to get another opportunity... she's playing real hard to seal the deal with...

4. dashingscorpio profile image79

Make it happen! You've got nothing to lose.
      It's better to die trying than to be left wondering. Life is short!
      The world may not owe you anything but (you) owe yourself the world! Go for it!
      Best wishes!

5. Dwight Phoenix profile image68

As we say in Jamaica..."nuff ratings!".....thanks for your kind Words of advice... even though we've had our hard religious debates​ in the past... you're quite a nice person...thank you:) smile smile

6. dashingscorpio profile image79

So are you!
      It's too bad a lot of folks are just a "one note" topic people. If they disagree with you on (that topic) everything you say is automatically worthless.
      Life is a (personal) journey!
      Live and let live! There's more to each of us!

3. Pam Morris profile image83
    Pam Morrisposted 6 years ago

Dwight, I think your problem is you are leaning on others advice too much to decide if you want to date this young lady or not. If you truly like this young woman a lot. I think it's time you stop with the posting be yourself and step to this young lady like a man who truly would enjoy getting to know a coworker. We can't be successful doing what others tell us to do, but we can be ourselves and be who we really are to be successful. That what you need to do.

I learn from my life experience when we give others control to tell us how to f ix something or do anything it NEVER turns out right. I know you heard the saying if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. That is true so, go to her and do it by following your heart and if she attractive to you as you are to her it will happen you will date her.

However, If she not interesting in you, it won't happen. You need to move forward to find that out now so you can move on if she's not interested as there is a young lady in the world that will bring so much joy to your life. I agree with one of the other people who replied to this posting by saying life is too short, and it is; we should live life as if it is our last day because we NEVER know whether it is or not. Best of luck with getting the final result.

Hey Pam. U see the issue isn't asking her out, cause I have done that.I have made my move lots of times​.but she's playing hard to get I think.she's quite receptive n then opposing at at times.which is y I ask this question.will we finally date.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)