jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Live! And let live!

1. SteffyRose profile image61
    SteffyRoseposted 7 years ago

Seriously... if you do not agree with LGBT and the way we love each other, then PLEASE keep it to yourself.
    I can assure you homosexuals don't go around telling all you heterosexuals that it is wrong to live the way you live, so why can't we just live in peace side by side. After all doesn't The Almighty One teach to love all?

1. wildorangeflower profile image56
      wildorangeflowerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Amen!

2. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

Hi Steffy, I agree. Unforunately you'll find some very prejudiced people here who think it's their mission to "save souls". It would be laughable, if it weren't so sad.

SteffyRoseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It seems like all they do is spend their time in the LGBT forums insulting others and preaching what they believe. I believe everyone has a right to their own opinions, but some of the opinions should just be kept to ones self.
      It is rather sad that these people almost devote their lives to, as you said, saving souls.

3. profile image0
    Words by Mikeposted 7 years ago

I am new here so I am just jumping in. I believe very much that if someone is Christian and believe that we are in need of saving they will pray about it and leave it to their God to save us. If they are spreading hatred than that is not very Christina like behavior. Their own book says, “Judge not lest ye be judged.” As someone raised in the church, I have been shocked since my coming out as to what some self proclaimed Christians would do and say. I fault no one for his or her beliefs as long as it does not infringe upon my right to live my life the way I see fit. Just my own thoughts on this topic… Have a great one!

Very well said! This is exactly the kind of point I am trying to get across !
      Thank you for your thoughts!

2. profile image0
      china manposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well said - and welcome to hubpages BTW.

Your typo may have made a new name for us for any christian who preaches their hatred and bigotry on here -  from now on they can be Christina  big_smile

4. Medora Trevilian profile image66
    Medora Trevilianposted 7 years ago

I think there is another perspective on all this that is very seldom spoken, but is at the heart of the matter. So at the risk of making myself odious in the eyes of all, I want to share this perspective.

There is a demographic, social element in mating and marriage. In every population, the number of choices of a mate is limited by the number of available, eligible mates. I entirely agree that people have the right to make their own choices and pursue their own happiness. I also do not believe that the majority who proselytize in favor of a particular lifestyle do this because they are trying to save others. I think they are trying to save themselves!

How? Well, here is a conversation I once overheard between two women, both of whom were heterosexual and single. "Does it matter if they choose each other?" one asked. The other replied: "Well, if they all go pairing off with each other, there won't be any left for us!"

I had to laugh when I heard this, but this is a legitimate concern for people who are in the market for a mate. I've never seen this addressed before, though, in any discussion of the issue.

This is a very good point! But if people were to actually sit down and properly think about it, I'm sure there would be enough "mates" for everyone, including  male-male and female-female mates!
      I guess they would see it as though lesbians were stealing the women away from the heterosexual males and gays were stealing the men away from the heterosexual females!

1. Medora Trevilian profile image66
        Medora Trevilianposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, precisely.

5. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 7 years ago

There are loads of people on hubpages who think just the way you do.  Unfortunately, there are the same usual suspects who post horrible bigoted threads on the forums and foist their homophobic claptrap on the rest of the hubpage community.  However, live and let live is a good philosophy.  And love and being loved is a wonderful thing.  Gender shouldn't be relevant, just love!

I totally agree with you!
      "Just LOVE"
      big_smile

working