Why IS it so difficult for religionists to live and let live in terms of religio

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

Why IS it so difficult for religionists to live and let live in terms of religious/spiritual/ethical

philosophy?  Why MUST they insist in a homogeneous form of religious belief, oftentimes even going as far to proselytize those whom they contend that because of divergent, even diametrical religious/ethical/spiritual beliefs that the latter are "in error", "sinners", or "nonbelievers"?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8314743_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    TheBizWhizposted 9 years ago

I understand your point of view, but what you have to keep in mind is religion is something very important to a lot of people. It is where they learn their moral code, interact with the community, and ultimately find their salvation, so it is natural that someone wants to share something that they view as positive. For example, if I find a product that gives me increases my energy, invigorates my health, and makes my life better, then I would be a jerk for keeping that info for myself. 

With that said, I know that religion is not a product and I know that some people treat saving others like a job, but keep in mind at their core they mean well.

What I have found is that there are people that need validation that they are right, so they want everyone to believe like them to validate something that is so important to them. Some people just have that type of personality whether they are believers or not. I have always said a hard line atheist and a hard line religion fundamentalist are usually cut from the same cloth. I have actually noticed on HP that the atheists who are so passionate about ending religion and focus all of their hubs on that topic usually were hardcore fundamentalists earlier in life. They have just focused their passion on the opposite end of the spectrum. Some people don't go halfway, they play it to the nines.

1. Austinstar profile image83
      Austinstarposted 9 years agoin reply to this

They learn an outdated moral code, intrusive interactions with the community & gov., and what exactly are they being saved from? Supernatural stuff that only occurs AFTER they die! Religious people are welcome to congregate but leave the rest alo

2. profile image0
      TheBizWhizposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It is not an outdated moral code. All of the progress in this world is due to religion. If u want religion out of government then don't vote for theists. We are a democracy not a theocracy, so don't pretend we r oppressing u.

3. Kiss andTales profile image61
      Kiss andTalesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Also the earth is in the condition because they have lived and ignored moral law, so you are saying it is ok for your neighbor to steal, kill, destroy,  because it is by moral law we are protected, the law of the land uses these laws as well,

3. Amanda108 profile image87
    Amanda108posted 9 years ago

One could just as easily say "Why do atheists find it so hard to live and let live when it comes to coexisting in a world full of religion? They often seem to have such a problem with belief in God or life after death, sometimes even calling those who do believe in such concepts unintelligent or immature. Why can't that they just accept that some people view the universe in a different manner than they do?"

Except I wouldn't actually say that - or rather, ask that - in a serious manner because it's a horrible generalization. It's best not to stereotype or see people as massive groups of clones whether talking about spiritual belief, race, gender, sexuality, or anything else.

That said, I do understand how - again, no matter the issue at hand or side on which you're on - an individual on the outside of a large group can look at them and feel judged or irritated.

4. Skarlet profile image83
    Skarletposted 9 years ago

If you had ever read the Bible you would not be asking this question. The people who read and understand the Bible simply follow the word of God, and the others fall into Cults. When one does accept the word of God, they live better lives. Its that simple. But, those who don't understand it, haven't read it, and don't want to know, are forever complaining about those who do have a relationship with God; to the point that I now call atheists the most dogmatic religionists besides Muslims. If a Christian person is simply trying to help someone by telling them that Jesus loves, why do they get so crazy and uptight about it?
    I was raised athiest, and can remember my mother always being hateful towards nice Christian people, who I could see, where only trying to help people.  When I was in college I studied the Bible and realized that God wants those who have a relationship with him to "spread the good news" to those who don't know. That is what they do. I noticed then that being around Christian people was a lot more pleasant than being around atheists; who were narrow minded, uninformed, and basically, everything that they accuse Christians of being.
    BTW-Christians do not call other people "sinners." They call themselves sinners too. The anti-Christian propaganda has led to most being very uninformed.

5. Kiss andTales profile image61
    Kiss andTalesposted 9 years ago

I like the way you expressed that meaning the wiz Biz! A great percentage of people believe in something that includes politics.
    But it is very interesting that the true message from God is a wonderful one , it is called the good news, I do not know anyone who does not like good news, this news is
    Of peace a good will by him , that what ever we need ,what ever desire we have that is good , that he will give to us .New World Translation Ps 145:16 You open your hand And satisfy the desire of every living thing. 
    Satan has fed humans the dying world , of sickness, death, hatred, and greed and injustice.

All things will be reversed this is the good News,
    New World Translation Re 21:4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” 

What is bad about this information. But satan uses who he wants to keep many in darkness of the future.

6. tamarawilhite profile image85
    tamarawilhiteposted 8 years ago

A mandate to go spread the meme built into the meme leads to its greater reproductive success than one that doesn't.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)