jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

what is love?

1. RoseAsauresRex profile image60
    RoseAsauresRexposted 6 years ago

there are so many conceptions of love and misconceptions it makes you wonder what is love really? is it a physical attraction based solely off of sex and nothing more, like sex than dating ? religious? and then from what view? whats the difference between lusts and love because it seems now some of us get that confused. what do you think love is?

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago

Natural affinity to the body, or sensation experienced by the body with associations of consequence attached called emotion. The latter
    gets complicated.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 6 years agoin reply to this

But it can happen in the reverse order though, can't it?? Attracted to the person, develop feelings for them, then become physically attracted.

3. knolyourself profile image60

yes - can happen any which way. In retrospect I find that the women I was not physically attracted to were the neatest, had the best
    personalities and most fun.

So, in some respects, they were like buddies? I don't know if this is correct, I'n not saying that it is, but maybe when the physical attraction is taken out of the equation for a man, initially at least, it might be easier to distinguish between love and physical attraction, maybe, who knows.

4. knolyourself profile image60

It is nice to like or love what you look at. I like character myself and am adverse to beach bunnies. Certainly stay away from vanity. There tends to be a certain superficiality to really good looks, not always but as a rule. I like depth.

Absolutely, when you have become accustomed to the good looks, what's left? Lots of beautiful people, if your talking about sharing your life with someone, there has to be more than that...but that gets complicated, too.

5. knolyourself profile image60

What is that - love?

6. knolyourself profile image60

At my age it is almost whoever would have me.

I don't believe that, this may however, be what you tell yourself in order to avoid relationships?? Stranger things have happened.

7. knolyourself profile image60

Yes the mission from God prevails over my carnal affections tis true. And then there is my few vices and the problem of a compatibility of mind,
    amongst other things. If it is suppose to happen,
    they don't allow it, money or woman.

Maybe, just maybe, tis not allowed because you are not willing to make the necessary sacrifices (that you would have to make) in order to sustain a relationship. That's the complication, isn't it, sometimes? How much are you prepared to change in order to accommodate a relationship? Checks and balances. Single life or sacrifice? I chose single life. Not for everyone though.

8. knolyourself profile image60

Yes the comparative state. Would I have to change this and this. Thing is though I have lived all my life with woman, up until two years ago, when my ex left me for the woods. We just need to live
    in two different places.

And, that's the decision you have made. Keep an open mind. Woods sounds good, not for everyone. Two years, although it might seem a lot longer is transition period isn't it. There's no time scale though. You'll find yourself where you find yourself. Inevitably, you'll have opportunity for relationships when you're ready to invite them. There's no pressure though. From my own experience I found that people kind of expect that's what you should do, it's what happens. Better to spend that time working out what you really want. When you've spent your life with someone, two years is small fry, that's the time you need to organize your own thoughts, and your own journey.

9. knolyourself profile image60

I am God's psychiatrist. My wants are irrelevant.

it's hard at the top. lol

working