HEALING & PREVENTING VIOLENCE with POWER OF SELF-LOVE
When I despair,
I remember that all through history
the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers,
and for a time they can seem invincible,
but in the end they always fall.
Think of it - always.
As many other people, I was for years successfully playing the role of victim, but I admitt I learned the role of aggressor as well. For any type of violence there is the same scenario - aggressor always needs the victim, and victim always needs aggressor to fulfill the role. One cannot exists without another. As a healer, I analyzed many cases of abusing behaviour and the pattern is always the same.
It seems like that for violence two opposing forces attracting each other are needed: submissive one and aggressive one... but the both mentioned forces are actually the part of the same (self)-destructive energy.
The psychological key of healing this sickness is - usually within the victim. WHY? Aggressor is too dominant and as such will rarely understand that he needs to change. Victim holds the keys of solving the problem - victim needs to refuse to be a victim, stop to be submissive - and recognize that the problem lies within her (his) own emotions and system of beliefs. It is like software in the brain - which needs to be recognized and changed, step by step.
Basic emotions which assure playing this drama are fears, guilt, anger and disappointment. Basic belief which creates that drama is the same for the both sides - "I am not good enough" so must or suffer or "be stronger then others" and control them, rule their lives and make them suffer. At the end, nobody is happy and fulfilled - neither victims nor aggressors, so the both side finally become victims of their own unhealthy attitudes and emotions.
WHAT IS TYPICAL VICTIM MENTALITY?
- Victim is usually person who has submissive character
- victim usually does not know how to say "NO" while thinking that will not be emotionally accepted from others if sets up her/his personal borders ,
- does not believe in her/his own rights and does not know how to protect his/her own personal borders
- victim does not believe that her/his needs can be completely fulfilled
- victim likes to help the others while forgetting her/his own needs,
- victim is often very naive
- victim beliefs in higher purpose of "sacrificing"
- victim beliefs in higher purpose of "suffering"
- victim believes that deserves "punishment" or "suffering"
- victim often feels guilty without any logical reason
- victim does not believe in one´s own right to be successful
- victim is often "too good" and "too compassionate"
- victim is full of pessimism and do not truly believe in better future
- victim is full of self-destructive energy
- victim has low self-esteem
- victim subconsciously chooses people and situations that lead to disappointment, failure, or mistreatment even when better options are clearly available
- victim rejects (or renders ineffective) the attempts of others to help him or her
- while following positive personal events (e.g., new achievement), responds with depression, guilt, or a behavior that produces pain ( e.g., an accident)
- incites angry or rejecting responses from others and then feels hurt, defeated, or humiliated
- victim fails to accomplish tasks crucial to his or her personal objectives despite demonstrated ability to do so, (e.g., helps the others to solve their problems, but is unable to do that in his or her own life)
- victim often subconsciously chooses the environment and life-situations which are not safe.
- victim is often uninterested in or rejects people who consistently treat her/him well
- victim engages in excessive self-sacrifice that is unsolicited by the intended recipients of the sacrifice
Victim starts to be a victim (or aggressor ) in the childhood - while being witness of abusive-submissive games between parents when child necessarily becomes active participant in such relations. In addition to that, adults often believe that children are their property so instead of co-operating, supporting and teaching the children how to develop the self-esteem, they actually push children into the emotional slavery, and teach them from the earliest age that they should be obedient and submissive personalities... or superior ones in order to succeed in the life.
Aggressors and victims are products of the same sick circumstances and the same wrong examples they had watching in childhood- some people just choose the dominant role and some other submissive, according to their temper...
Historically, violence and aggressor-victim (sado- masochistic) behaviour had existed in all known societies and have roots in any kind of slavery - which up till now never stopped to exist ... just today slavery usually has different names than before and sometimes different shape, but is still present in all types of human relations and in all societies.
Many religions and spiritual paths also support sacrificing for the others and celebrate victimizing, as being a victim is recommended or moral behaviour, what is nonsense. People who sacrifice their own needs and human rights always finish crucified, and no, God will not reward them for that neither in this life, nor in "afterlife", on the contrary... Self-denial is not healthy.
Self-denial always results with emotions of anger - some victims become aggressors later on , the other just repeat over and over the same self-destructive behavioural pattern and finally destroy themselves with active help of others...
Being a permanent victim is certainly not healthy example for the others and should not be celebrated - because such attitude gives full right to the aggressors to express their aggressiveness ... Victim cannot be victim without aggressor. Instead of idealizing sacrifising, victimizing and self-denial, society should start to heal its own unhealthy ideology which creates the both sides: victims and aggressors.
Nobody cannot permanently protect the person who decided to accept the role of victim, because sooner or later she/he will choose again some dangerous circumstances in the life, which will lead to the new tragedies.
It is not enough to remove oneself from abusement, if the wrong emotional/mental behavioural pattern stays the same... Energy of victim travells everywhere with the person who carries it. This energy should be recognized as an obstacle which needs to be transformed.
It is not sufficient that we feel pity towards victims and hate aggressors - on that way we support the both extremes, unfortunately. It is better to remind the abused person on her/his inner strength and encourage her/him to develop self-respect and self-esteem and encourage her/him to heal traumas (which create new traumatic situations) and learn to give up fears. This is not quick process, it requires a lot of effort from ex-victim, but it is only one which leads to success.
Nobody can do any harm to any of us if we do not allow that somehow: allowance happens whenever we are afraid and expect attack from others or create in our imagination future problems and conflicts.
Instead of expecting that domestic violence can start at any time (and it will if you believe in that) start to change your own victim or aggressor mentality and give yourself enough time to explore your own nature and work on your self - esteem, self - love and self - respect. Prevention is always the best.
EMDR FOR HEALING TRAUMAS
EMDR "Eye movement therapy" is excellent technique for healing traumas, especially after abuse. This technique is able to completely remove your negative feelings, fears, anger, and scary movies from your mind. And this technique works very quickly.
Love yourself and never turn another cheek
Make a long-term contract with yourself that you will learn how to:
1. Love yourself with full heart and soul
2. Allow yourself the best and most loving circumstances in your life, step by step.
In addition to that:
3. Never turn another cheek to the aggressor. Aggressor will repeat aggression and you will not be rewarded for your weakness.
4. Never think that you need to sacrifice for the others by being victim. On that way you will just give to the others wrong example and feed their own victim or aggressor mentality.
5. Do not blame yourself or the others . It is just wasting your time and energy.
6. Never feel guilty neither stay in self-pity mood for too long- just decide to gain your own healthy life-power. You do not deserve nothing less then to be happy and winner in game of your life.
7. Do not expect that any aggressor will change just because he/she promised so. You need to overcome your fears at first and remove yourself from danger - very often physically (get out from the abusive relationship) but after that the most important is to remove yourself emotionally and mentally from the violent nightmare. Only after that, your life will start to change for sure.
Text and photos - by Tatjana-Mihaela Pribic
Alternative healer, Reiki Teacher, Artist and Counsellor.
Artistic photos available for sale in my online gallery as prints and greeting cards: http://tatianamichaela.redbubble.com
For e-mail counselling and healing (starting price is 50 US$) you can contact me through my e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (...more detailed informations about various ways of long-distance healing is on http://hubpages.com/profile/Tatjana-Mihaela)
Some of my other Hubs
- ...Prophecies of Revelations?No way: FUTURE IS OUR C...
Universe - NASA photo With the deepest respect to every one`s religious beliefs, God is much more than it is written down in the Bible. Bible is an old book, consisted of texts of many different authors,...
- ECO HOME: Building with COB
. What is a COB? Cob is a structural composite of earth, clay, straw, sand and water that is hand-sculpted into wall decorations. shelters or houses. With cob you can also create beautiful...
- Reiki is Universal Love, Light and Energy
Reiki Peace Grid placed in Jerusalem Reiki (Ray-kee) is an ancient healing art that is a gentle, non-invasive, natural treatment method. Its origins are ancient Tibetan; it was rediscovered in the late 1800s...
- THE SECRET BEFORE THE SECRET - Seth Books
. Almost 20 years ago I started to read books from Jane Roberts, and for first time I found out the fact that we are creators of our material reality. Although in my heart I recognized that as a truth, my...
- MEMORIES OF MY PAST LIVES - Reincarnation & Immortal...
Fear from death is one of the worst human enemies - beliefs that this life is ultimate experience and only possibility for achieving all goals and fulfilling all desires create tremendous pressure on people...
- NEW "SWINE" FLU, what caused it & NATURAL PREVENTION...
From few days ago, world is in the state of global panick because of new Mexican flu. In early April, in Mexico, Veracruz, was noticed numbers of serious respiratory illnesses and some deaths. Mexico...
- HEALTHY SUNBATHING & DISCOLORATION OF THE SKIN AFTER...
Sun and sunbathing is healthy, vitalises all glands, rays of sunlight heal our bodies, build the bones, it is good for the skin, but: we have to be careful. If someone is during the whole year in office...
- HOW MY FRIEND HEALED SARCOMA CANCER
Essiac tea This is the story how my friend successfully and quickly healed diagnosed soft-tissue sarcoma, allegedly very dangerous and highly deadly type of carcinom. I really adore when he tells me this...
- BIPOLAR DISORDER and proven natural ways of healing
V.Gogh From the point of alternative healing systems, every individual is unique, We never heal only illness, we heal the individual, mind, emotions, body and soul. When we discuss diseases is not easy to...
- What is Domestic Violence - Oprah.com
Find out about some of the tactics abusers use to control and manipulate victims of domestic violence.
- WELCOME TO MAHATMA GANDHI ONE SPOT COMPLETE INFORMATION WEBSITE
M.K.Gandhi, mahatma, Philosophy, non-violence, photographs of mahatma gandhi, Ghandi, Mahatma, Mohandas, peace, conflict resolution. Comprehensive site for Researchers Scholars Activists Students everyone. Includes a large collection of links on Gand
- MAHATMA GANDHI ONE SPOT COMPLETE INFORMATION WEBSITE
Mahatma Gandhi comprehensive information website, useful for researchers, scholars, students and everyone. regularly updated, featuring information on Gandhi, his life, work & philosophy, Nonviolence, Peace and Conflict Resolution, educational re
- Mahatma Gandhi Foundation
- How Victims are Affected by Abuse - Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Victims are traumatized by abuse and often develop PTSD - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Women\'s Aid - Homepage
Women's Aid is the key national charity working to end domestic violence against women and children. We support a network of over 500 domestic and sexual violence services across the UK.
- Sylvia\'s Place, Allegan Michigan Domestic Abuse & Violence Safe Shelter
- Information about the cycles of domestic abuse
Information about cycles of domestic abuse
- Domestic Violence, Legal Advocacy, Victim Advocate, free attorney, law enforcement, Resource Center,
- Domestic Violence, information about domestic abuse, where to get help
- Cycle of Violence| Domestic Abuse Against American Women Overseas
American women overseas caught in a cycle of violence can turn to the Americans Overseas Domestic Violence Crisis Center for help.
- Domestic Violence - Cycle of Domestic Violence
- Domestic violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Cycle Of Violence - Domestic Violence
Domestic violence should not happen to anybody. Ever. Period. But it does - and when it does, there is help. Maybe you have lived with abuse, maybe it happened just once; maybe you work or live next to someone who is being abused right now. Whoever y
- Abuse.net: Home Page
- National Domestic Violence Hotline