klw1157 profile image 88

Do you feel most people who call themselves Christian are out of touch with the teachings of Jesus?

Regardless of whether you call yourself a Christian or not, many feel that current organized religion is out of touch with modern day life and that many of the attitudes held by members of Churches are in direct contradiction to what Jesus taught and the way He lived His life. What is your opinion?

• klw1157 profile image

Kevin Washburn (klw1157) 2 years ago

Thank you for your thoughts. Following Christ can be anything but easy. I, like you, have been on a life long journey and by far have not reached a point where I feel even remotely close to successful. I do think however that struggle is the journey.

krillco profile image94

William E Krill Jr (krillco) says

• klw1157 profile image

Kevin Washburn (klw1157) 2 years ago

I completely agree but often wonder how much the world today would differ if they in fact could myself included.

• klw1157 profile image

Kevin Washburn (klw1157) 2 years ago

Thank you for your input. I do ascribe to the position that God is in each of us and believe that we naturally want to do the right thing. My concerns are more along the lines of bias that a lack of willingness to perform.

• klw1157 profile image

Kevin Washburn (klw1157) 2 years ago

Thank you for your input. Your comments are thought provoking. I too believe that people are generally good. I am not against organized churches but do oppose bias in any form. You are right in your statement that we all want basically the same thing

Snøwman profile image59

Snøwman says

• klw1157 profile image

Kevin Washburn (klw1157) 2 years ago

Thank you for your comment. It is a shame how often we incorrectly believe that "things" will make us happy.

Norine Williams says