ptosis profile image 78

Why does God allow suffering, troubles, afflictions, hardship?

Why doesn't God solve all our problems? How can I learn to trust that God is in control of the problems in my life? How could a good God allow so much evil? Why doesn't He do something about it? Couldn't God have created a world without evil? Does God tempt us to sin? It's seems to be that way. Why else have the Tree of Good & Evil in the middle of Eden without a fence around it? Genesis 2:16-17, “And the LORD God commanded the man. (woman wasn't around yet) "you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil." Therefore Eve never sinned - since she was never told not to!

Salma Hassaballa profile image88

Salma Hassaballa says

3 weeks ago
cheaptrick profile image75

cheaptrick says

3 weeks ago
  • Jeremy Gill profile image

Jeremy Gill 3 weeks ago

Even if you knew someone would make a bad choice, shouldn't they still have the freedom to make it? To prevent all crime, we'd have to monitor everyone constantly, taking away freedom.

But I understand your point, and I know it's a difficult subject

Jeremy Gill profile image89

Jeremy Gill says

3 weeks ago
  • ptosis profile image

ptosis 3 weeks ago

Yup you're right, she did know "God told us not to touch the tree."