jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (21 posts)

Adult Children Straying from the way they were raised...

1. Leaderofmany profile image60
    Leaderofmanyposted 5 years ago

Adult children often stray in a different direction than the way they were raised. Is this a positive or negative? If the parents have brought the child up within the way of the Lord and they stray away, will they return?

1. Tired Buzzard profile image61
      Tired Buzzardposted 5 years agoin reply to this

They might return. They might not. It depends on their own feelings.

As somebody who was raised Christian and strayed away after reaching adulthood, I have to tell you that, if you want to bring your kids back to your religion, you have to let them come back on their own.

2. Paul K Francis profile image81
      Paul K Francisposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Trust them. If thier up-binging in the lord was beyond dogma and creed and was full of love and values, no worries. And as your faith is strong, know that the Lord remains with them as they find thier way - but please don't try to tell them that.
      The kids are allright!

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I was raised Christian. Now I am cynical, question everything and won't be going back - I see Christianity for me as akin to suicide - sacrificing all I believe and value.

1. Leaderofmany profile image60
      Leaderofmanyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

May I ask why?

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Because I have seen far too much abuse and hypocrisy in Christian circles.

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

You aren't raising clones. If you have raised them well, they will find the path that is right for them and you will be happy for them.

1. jacharless profile image82
      jacharlessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Voted Best Reply!

4. wilderness profile image99
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Nearly every parent out there will claim that almost every other parent is raising their children wrong when it comes to religion.  If they are Catholic, the Mormons are wrong.  If they're Mormon the Witnesses are wrong.  And of course all America thinks the parents of Islam are wrong and the near east thinks Christianity is false.

Given that millions upon millions of parents are teaching their kids false religions, isn't it a good thing that the kids eventually learn to think for themselves?

You could almost make the claim that a parent should not teach the kids their own religion; odds are huge that they are sending their kids to Hell and will bear that sin on their own soul.

1. Jerami profile image73
      Jeramiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

wilderness
      You could almost make the claim that a parent should not teach the kids their own religion; odds are huge that they are sending their kids to Hell and will bear that sin on their own soul.
      =========================================

You may be onto something ??   I don't think that it says anyplace in anyones bible that we should be faithful to a Religion.    cause Ya cain't serve two masters.

Some people become more angry when their denomination is challanged than they do when their God is.

1. wilderness profile image99
        wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Of course people become angry when their denomination is challenged; it is the only way to God and the VIPs of the church are the only people in the world with the knowledge and godliness to teach others how to get to heaven.  Plus, of course, challenging their denomination is challenging their absolute knowledge of the one true way to God - that's never accepted well.

Add in that a diminishing congregation means diminishing gold and it's easy to see where the anger comes from.

1. Jerami profile image73
          Jeramiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think that it is a BIGGER  truth than that.  Some people have put their "faith?" in their denomination before God.   For some people ....  Love of Religion has become stronger than their love of God. 

I don't understand why it is !!!  It just is.

this is the way that Jesus said that it would be. People thinking good is bad and thinking bad is good.
          Thinking they are "Killing in the name of God"                                                                                        I think that this is what Rev. 13 is talking about.  RELIGION  rising up out of the sea  (the world) and another Religion rising up out out of the earth (the promised land)

The Roman Empire built the Christian religion ....  rose up from Rome.  (the sea)
          Mohamed built Islam    ..................    first Mosque rose up in Jerusamem. (the earth)
          The beast that rose up out of the sea was given 42 months
          Lets remember that in Daniel 9:23    The commandment came forth
                        Daniel 9:25 & 26  tells us that 62 weeks in prophesy is approx 568 of our years.  ....          So how long would 42 months be?     ( (A)  approx 1648 years)  and that 42 months is almost over.
                  I don't know why God planned it this way, but according to what is written 1900 years ago: this was the plan.
                  I think that he knew we would always be killing each other over something ???   might as well be religion.

5. profile image55
    Honeybee48posted 5 years ago

Proverbs 22:5 Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward: he that doth keep his soul shall be far from them. 6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Ephesians 6:4 And ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
    We as christians are warned that in the latter days before the coming of Christ again that there will be false doctrine and teachinings. 2 Timothy 4: 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
    There is only one way and that is Jesus Christ. He died for our sins. He shed His blood for us so that we could have eternal life. We as christians need to lead our lives as such. The children will follow what we do. Parents need to step up and take back what the devil has taken. 1 Peter 5:5,6,7,8 the 8th verse Be sober, be vigilant ; because your adversary the devil,as a roaring lion, walketh about , seeking whom he may devour:
    We as parents need to take the responsibilty of raising our children in church. PRAY,PRAY to the Lord for he will deliver us from all evil.

And which church do you claim to be the right one?  Catholic?  Mormon?  Adventist?  Witnesses?  A mosque?  If you have picked the only right one out of the thousands available you're pretty lucky. 

Or did God tell you which one is right?  Of course, He tells everybody which one that is, guiding all (but you, of course) to the wrong one.

1. profile image61
        augustine72posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You don't understand what Christianity is.

http://atheistpill.blogspot.in/p/what-c … ty-is.html

Do you want know of do you willfully choose to be ignorant.

6. profile image55
    Honeybee48posted 5 years ago

You would be surprised that their are clones in this world. Remember the sheep that they cloned. As for a path well there is only one path and one way. Teach your children the Lord and they will find the right path. Either people are for the Lord or they are against Him. There is no in between.

1. IzzyM profile image91
      IzzyMposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I want one! I always wanted a sister. Another one just like me would mean I'd never be lonely again! And neither would she if she had me. What's so wrong with that?

Two of you, Izzy?  Not sure the world would survive... lol

1. IzzyM profile image91
          IzzyMposted 5 years agoin reply to this

LOL - we'd have IzzyM and IzzyM2 writing here on HP smile

We'd both have the same profile image and probably both of us would be making the same stupid forum comments!

Be thankful for small mercies seeing it isn't going to happen..

7. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

When you are an adult, you are where you are.  You haven't "strayed" from anywhere because being born to two people does not enslave you to their belief system.

Many would disagree with you.  Ask the Taliban, for instance, what they think of girls that disobey their parents religion by going to school.

working